New trade member : Introducing the Bullet Flies

bullet flies

Trade Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

We are new trade members on the forum and we'd like to introduce here a new product: micro nymphs made of painted lead available at Micro nymphs for educated trouts - Bullet Flies

These nymphs are made with a technology totally different from conventional fly tying, and allow anglers to present very small and realistic patterns that drift close to the bottom.

We have created a collection of Bullet Flies specifically adapted to American fish found in rivers with high fishing pressure. We tested our products on the Frying Pan River, the South Platte River and the Green River to find the best size of painted lead nymph that made the difference on these very difficult fish.

Although bullet flies are made of painted lead and varnish, they are totally eco-friendly because the lead is enclosed in a very strong UV cure layer. You can find our online shop et Micro nymphs for educated trouts - Bullet Flies.

We offer free shipping on all US orders !

You will excuse in advance our approximate knowledge of English during our participation on the forum, because our team comes from Quebec.

We already unveil the best pattern that caught many trouts in Cheesman canyon : the BF18 Bullet Fly, black head, dirty Yellow Body.

Different technical content is available here to explain why the Bullet Flies are offering a different approach from classic nymphs.

Of course, Bullet Flies are our own fishing flies, and we design them to be nearly unbreakable. That's why we offer an undestructible warranty on all the flies of the collection. We hate to break hooks on big fish, this must not happen to you !

If you have technical questions about Bullet Flies, do not hesitate to contact us by PM, or at bulletflies.com, we will be happy to explain why you are going to take more fish with the Bullet Flies.

Tightlines !

The Bullet Flies team

Micro nymphs for educated trouts - Bullet Flies

bullet flies

Trade Member
Reaction score
Hi Bigjim5589, if you can explain more for us to understand what you say, we are interested about your opinion on the Bullet Flies ;)

bigjim5589

Reaction score
I'm simply welcoming you to the forums as a new member & sponsor. I don't have an opinion on your flies, as I've never used them. I also don't fish for trout too often so not really of great interest to me. Sorry. :eek:

I do wish you much success with your endeavor. :)

bullet flies

Trade Member
Reaction score
Hi Dave, the Bullet Flies are tied in France, and dispatched from Quebec, Canada. Thank you for this remark, I will mention this on the website, this is an important fact.

silver creek

Reaction score
Your prices are quite reasonable given the amount of curing time to produce the flies.

I have known about these flies for quite a while since they use UV cured resin as part of the production process. They are known in the industry as ceramic flies and you can google "ceramic flies" to learn more about them.

Ceramic Flies

Here is how they are tied.

YouTube

Last edited:

bullet flies

Trade Member
Reaction score
Well done Silver Creek, infact the Bullet Flies comes from the same French manufacturer called Ceramic Flies. High quality varnishing is crucial to provide undestructible flies like we offer at bulletflies.com.

We were really surprised how American anglers reacted to the Bullet Flies when we fished them in Colorado. At first sight they didn't understood the concept of " tiny fly able to sink fast ". But we had feedbacks from Colorado anglers, and American trouts love them, they're tired of the same old dubbing flies... ;)

Same old story as the steam-powered and gasoline-powered cars, when a thing is new and counterintuitive like painted lead nymphs, the years of tradition push you to reject this concept.

In the specific case of fishing flies, it is the dozens of years spent using nymphs made of dubbing that make the painted lead nymphs pass for useless objects, whereas we think that they are a revolution.

I am not saying that dubbing flies are useless, but I'm saying the Bullet Flies are as useful as classic nymphs, but for a specificic solution : proposing micro bites to educated trouts in deep waters.

And I can swear that I have seen seriously educated trouts when fishing in the US ;)

littledavid123

Reaction score
Hi Dave, the Bullet Flies are tied in France, and dispatched from Quebec, Canada. Thank you for this remark, I will mention this on the website, this is an important fact.
Glad to hear they are not being made in China! Will be ordering some to try out on my home waters.

Dave

bullet flies

Trade Member
Reaction score
Great Dave , and don’t forget to give us a feedback on the forum.

We are producing a technical product designed by anglers, and the goal of our product is to allow anglers to take more fish.

Our goal is not to play on marketing tricks, but to prove scientifically that micro nymphs that sink fast must be part of a balanced fly box.

Hence the indestructible warranty : all the Bullet Flies team is fishing with the same Bullet Flies as our customer, and we hate to break a hook on a big trout , it must not happen !

We will also appreciate in the next months feedbacks from the customers about the size of bullet flies needed in US waters. We firstly focused on hook n°20 because that was the solution for the super clear waters of Colorado, but we’ll appreciate some feedbacks from any trout water in the US.

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Bullet Flies

Welcome to the forum!

I like the looks of your flies and will get on your site and buy a few to try out here in Wyoming.

samanich

Reaction score
Check the regulations I guess.
Yeah, I tried to look for information at a few locations (ozarks of Missouri and GSMNP) but nowhere specifically mentions these ceramic flies. I guess because they’re not too common here yet. If it doesn’t specifically ban them, I’d guess they were okay unless they’re covered by some other regulation I didn’t see.

mtboiler

Reaction score
Glacier NP is no lead. I spoke to a ranger last fall about flies. Their answer is no lead means no lead. Wrapped, encased, covered...does not matter. Not sure how they know. But no lead is no lead.