Stoping by to say hi

Colin13

Reaction score
My name is Colin,

I reside in Athens Ga, Soon to be Augusta Maine.
I'm 30 years old married to my best friend, Been fishing since Ive been 4 years old. I now my way around fly fishing very well. I was thought by my father and grandfather. and my grand father best friend of 40 years.

I do how ever have a question dose any body Know what kind of Vise this is. It was given to me by my Grandfather in law, I asked him if he remembered what type it was, unfortunately he dose not. As it's an old one he dose remember which one he gave me. For all i know it could be an old custom one he had make for him a long time ago.

The photo will show 2 vises the one i'm asking about is the old one in the front not the Renzetti in the back.

Thanks any help on identifying this would help.

All the best
Colin

IMG_20180219_031905678.jpg

scotty macfly

Reaction score
Colin, I don't know what vise that is, but it sure is cool looking. I'd hang on to it if I were you. And if you do find out what brand it is, let us know. I'm curious too.

But I do want to say welcome to the forum.

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Colin
Welcome to the forum!
I don't have a clue either, but I agree with Scotty, it sure is an interesting looking vise.

Colin13

Reaction score
Thanks to Scotty, Larry , and Dan. I want to say thank you very much for welcoming me to the forum. The vice was given to me by my grand father in law. Ive asked him a few times already but he has forgotten witch one he has given me. Ive had it almost 7 years now. An right now he is deeply on my mind as his health is not doing so well. His daughter is up in Maryland taking care of him right now.

Colin

scotty macfly

Reaction score
Thanks to Scotty, Larry , and Dan. I want to say thank you very much for welcoming me to the forum. The vice was given to me by my grand father in law. Ive asked him a few times already but he has forgotten witch one he has given me. Ive had it almost 7 years now. An right now he is deeply on my mind as his health is not doing so well. His daughter is up in Maryland taking care of him right now.

Colin
Colin, sorry to hear about your grand father in-law, and I hope he does recover if he can. It looks to me that since no one has a clue to what vise that is, I'd for now treat it as a one of a kind. But if I had to guess, and I'm sure I'm way off, but to me it looks like an old HMH. But please, do not quote me on that. It may even be a vise from a company that's not around anymore, who knows. But the base, yeah, I agree with another fellow poster, it looks custom. But the whole unit is unique for sure.