New from SC

BULL

Reaction score
Hello all, another newbie here from the lakelands in SC. I took up fly fishing at the end of the summer last year. I've been fishing traditional tackle since I was a small child. I frequently visit the Appalachian mountains in western NC, and hopefully will figure out how to catch those trout soon. Look forward to hanging around here and learning all I can.

bumble54

Reaction score
Perverse as it may seem, you sometimes learn more by not catching trout than you do by catching dozens. :fish2:

airborne 82nd

Reaction score
Hello bull
Welcome, very comfortable group here that shares valued knowledge, ask a question and you will get answers , hang around and enjoy , have a great upcoming season .
Airborne

spm

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, BULL. Lots of information here with people willing to help. You can get a lot of questions answered by using the advanced search engine, but we know you can get lost in the archives, so don't be afraid to ask questions. We were all beginners at some point.

steve

kevind62

Reaction score
Welcome! If you're looking to "get your feet wet" in your area, try Cherokee. Specifically Raven's Fork C & R section. You'll have to pay the $30+ fee to fish it but it's well worth it. Great fishing and quality fish there. It's easy to fish too. Lots of rainbows and some nice brookies. Have yet to land a brown but I hear they are supposed to be in there and quality fish too. The Tuckasegee is a hit and a miss. It's a big river and easy to fish. Wading can be a challenge if there is lots of rain as it has been this past month or so. Just returned from there a couple of weeks ago. Caught some nice fish in the feeder creeks. Check out my fishing reports.

Western North Carolina
Western NC Part-2
Western North Carolina

kevind62

Reaction score
Where abouts in SC? If you're close to Lake Murray (Columbia) there's trout fishing on the Saluda below the dam. Might want to join the Saluda chapter of TU first. They have a lot of private access to the river there and you have to be a member to use these points. The whole river is public but not a lot of access points.

BULL

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcomes everyone. kevind62, I will for sure check out Cherokee. I'm near the Greenwood/Laurens line,so I'll check with the Saluda chapter of TU and see about joining them. Lake murray wouldn't be too much of a drive. Thanks for the intel.