Hi from NY

GlennNY

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
Great site with a lot of information:cool: My name is Glenn and I've fished for over 40yrs. but I'm just getting into fly fishing and fly tying. I'm lucky to be able to fish the fabled Catskill rivers and streams.
Glenn

spm

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, Glenn. Lots of experience on here, so don't be afraid to ask questions.

steve

GlennNY

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, Glenn. Lots of experience on here, so don't be afraid to ask questions.

steve
Thanks Steve, nice to meet you. Been using the search and advanced search feature for some answers to questions, wow what a great resource here.
Welcome to the forum, Glenn.
Thanks Steve, nice to meet you.
Welcome Glenn. If you ever get to Upstate/Western NY (Rochester) area send me a line.
Thanks ottosmagic, nice to meet you and if you ever get down to the catskills, let me know;)

dennyk

Reaction score
Hi Glenn, welcome to the forum and to Fly Fishing and fly tying.

You've got the right place to ask questions and learn.

:welcomean

Denny

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Gleen
Welcome to the forum!
You will find a ton of information here that will help you learn more about fly fishing, but don't hesitate to ask questions. We were all beginners once.

PASTERCASTER

Reaction score
A NY transplant welcome. Some old stomping grounds in the Catskills were the E. branch of the Delaware tribs near the big metropolis of Shinhopple.

GlennNY

Reaction score
Hi Glenn, welcome to the forum and to Fly Fishing and fly tying.

You've got the right place to ask questions and learn.

:welcomean

Denny
Thank you Denny, nice to meet you, I'm enjoying reading the old posts, great information....Excellent fly tying areas too.
Gleen
Welcome to the forum!
You will find a ton of information here that will help you learn more about fly fishing, but don't hesitate to ask questions. We were all beginners once.
Thank you Larry, nice to meet you...Great site you have, everyone is happy to help.
Hello and welcome , great place to be part of , very nice group of guys.

Airborne
Thanks for your service Airborne, nice to meet you. I was a Navy man myself....Submarine service '82-'88.
A NY transplant welcome. Some old stomping grounds in the Catskills were the E. branch of the Delaware tribs near the big metropolis of Shinhopple.
Thanks Pastercaster, nice to meet you. My wife's sister lives right down the road from you in Port Richey, just on the east side of Rt.19. We visited several times, great area.

trs

Reaction score
Welcome!!

Look no further, you found the stretch of stream that we all dream about!!

Sent from my Lenovo TB-8504F using Tapatalk

flytie09

Reaction score
Welcome....fellow New Yorker here too. Feel free to ask questions and seek out knowledge here. There are tons of helpful information on here.

flytie09 - Mike

GlennNY

Reaction score
Welcome!!

Look no further, you found the stretch of stream that we all dream about!!

Sent from my Lenovo TB-8504F using Tapatalk
Thanks trs, nice to meet you

Welcome....fellow New Yorker here too. Feel free to ask questions and seek out knowledge here. There are tons of helpful information on here.

flytie09 - Mike
Thanks Mike, nice to meet you.

GlennNY

Reaction score
Hello Glenn,

I was admiring some of your flies on the what are you tying thread.

Welcome to the forum,

Ard
Thanks, nice to meet you Ard, I've been using the search / advanced search features to find answers to my questions on tying or equipment or technique and your posts come up quite often with great information....Thanks for putting the information and tips out there to share.
Welcome Glenn! Hope you enjoy your beginings in fly fishing and fly tying as well!!

Regards from Northern Patagonia Argentina.
Esteban.
Thanks Esteban, nice to meet you

Reactions: Ard

philip43

Reaction score
Welcome aboard. I'm on the other side of the Hudson in Columbia County. Lots of good info available on this site. Philip43

just4grins

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I'm lucky to be able to fish the fabled Catskill rivers and streams.
Glenn
Glenn, welcome aboard. My wife and I had a home near Livingston Manor from '82 to '95. Spent a lot of time on the Willowemoc, Beaverkill, North and South Branch, and the Delaware to name a few. Loved it up there and was on the Board and part of the group that started the Fly Fishing Museum in the manor. Can't help much with fly tying, but look forward to providing any help you may need. All the best Roy Nunn

GlennNY

Reaction score
Glenn, welcome aboard. My wife and I had a home near Livingston Manor from '82 to '95. Spent a lot of time on the Willowemoc, Beaverkill, North and South Branch, and the Delaware to name a few. Loved it up there and was on the Board and part of the group that started the Fly Fishing Museum in the manor. Can't help much with fly tying, but look forward to providing any help you may need. All the best Roy Nunn
Nice to meet you Roy, It's great that you were part of something that is preserving the fly fishing heritage.
Glenn