Hello from North Western Pennsylvania

Jim Taddeo

Reaction score
Hello everyone I'm Jim.

I'm new to the forum here but not new to fishing at all as I've been at it for well over forty years now. I had taken quite the pause in the middle there as life unfortunately became complicated enough to require choosing other things over my hobbies. Regardless I've now unpacked all of my gear, sorted through my tying materials (sadly I lost a few necks to bugs), tied up some new bugs that caused the ladies to go "eeeww", and this past weekend managed to coax a couple of nice mountain rainbows to eat some of my artificial caddis nymphs.

So to avoid long winded blathering I just wanted to say hello, I'm back at my passion and intend on never stopping again, and I wish you all clean water, tight lines, and ample free time.

IMO, there's nothing better than catching wild trout on fly's you've tied except for putting them back and teaching the next generation how to do the same.........

DSCI2310 (2).jpg

JT

airborne 82nd

Reaction score
Hello and welcome , great to hear youve got back into what you enjoy .
Great group here ,you’ll fit right in enjoy.
Airborne

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Jim
Welcome to the forum!
We're glad to have you join in with us and I totally agree with your view "nothing better than catching wild trout on fly's you've tied except for putting them back and teaching the next generation how to do the same........".

spm

Reaction score
IMO, there's nothing better than catching wild trout on fly's you've tied except for putting them back and teaching the next generation how to do the same.........JT
Well said.

Welcome to the forum, Jim. And back to the sport.

steve

trs

Reaction score
Hello Jim,
Welcome, I'm sure you'll be a valuable addition.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-8504F using Tapatalk

r_brian

Reaction score
Welcome. I learned to trout fish in NW PA 60 years ago. My parents were born and raised in West Hickory, along the banks of the Allegheny River. Spent many a summer there.

Brian

fredaevans

Reaction score
White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone
Add my welcome from Southern Oregon; Rogue River is minutes away if you want to give it a go. Seasons over, but come September the fish will coming in. Bunk over at my house; motor home is out front so lots of room.

Shxt, lights just went out!! This I don't need at 0400!! I will collect Mz Dog and go back to bed. So why is the internet connection working????

fae

Anthoni814

Reaction score
Hello everyone I'm Jim.

I'm new to the forum here but not new to fishing at all as I've been at it for well over forty years now. I had taken quite the pause in the middle there as life unfortunately became complicated enough to require choosing other things over my hobbies. Regardless I've now unpacked all of my gear, sorted through my tying materials (sadly I lost a few necks to bugs), tied up some new bugs that caused the ladies to go "eeeww", and this past weekend managed to coax a couple of nice mountain rainbows to eat some of my artificial caddis nymphs.

So to avoid long winded blathering I just wanted to say hello, I'm back at my passion and intend on never stopping again, and I wish you all clean water, tight lines, and ample free time.

IMO, there's nothing better than catching wild trout on fly's you've tied except for putting them back and teaching the next generation how to do the same.........

JT
As another nw Pennsylvanian, hello and welcome. I just started tying this winter. Looking forward to catching a fish on my own flies.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Jim Taddeo

Reaction score
If we never do anything more than tie just one ( yeah right :D ) and manage to coax a single fish to take it.......for me the sense of accomplishment is complete.
Thanks folks, I hope to be adding some content of value soon (that means I've been fishing of course) :fish2:

Stick with it and most importantly have fun. I'm certain that I will now spend a small fortune on fly fishing, much to the gain of local fly shops, craft stores, and other merchants of "tying supplies"

Tight lines to one and all, catch and release is the way to go, IMHO

Anthoni814

Reaction score
Caught some trout this weekend on a pheasant tail nymph and a cream colored mop fly I made to look like a grub. So gratifying.

Anthoni814

Reaction score
Caught some trout this weekend on a pheasant tail nymph and a cream colored mop fly I made to look like a grub. So gratifying.

The mop fly is about 3/4 the size of the one I put in the picture.

Joey Bagels

Reaction score
Pennsylvania is on my list of places to wet a line some day. You’re a lucky guy, Jim. Glad you started posting with a great photo. We can always use more photos around here, so don’t be shy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk