Well.... here I am!

LimerickShaw

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I just recently joined so I figured I'd make my first post here! I live in New England and mostly fish for trout. I've never fly fished before in my life only spin. I took my first casting course last weekend and now am looking into getting a rod/reel that I was gifted setup.

I'll mostly be fishing in moving water so hopefully I have some luck. I look forward to learning a bunch about fishing and tying.

Cheers!

Limerick

scotty macfly

Reaction score
Welcome sir. You will find lots of info here for just what you intend to do. Fishing moving water to me is pure bliss, nothing in my opinion beats it. Good luck on your new journey into this sport, and with the tying. It's a great way to spend the winter months preparing for your next season.

spm

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, Limerick. Lots of knowledgeable people on here, willing to help, so don't be afraid to ask questions as you progress. Everyone was a beginner once.

steve

dharkin

Reaction score
Welcome to this great place. Maine offers great places to fish with a little bit of everything.

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
I hope this site will become your resource #1, there are many folks here who will do their best to assist with your questions.

Welcome to the forum,

Ard

JoJer

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Ditto on the Orvis vids. lots of intro level stuff available on You tube.

rc51sport

Reaction score
Welcome!
I've only been to Maine once. I saw the most beautiful sights and met the nicest people! What a great place you live in. I hope to visit again soon and hope it's to fish!
You are going to live fly fishing! Looking forward to some fish pictures from you!

-Dan

kevind62

Reaction score
Welcome! I'm slowly but surely making my way up the Appalachians on fly fishing excursions. Maybe we'll cross lines one day.

Ask any questions you might have, the folks on here are glad to help. And you might be able to do a meet and greet for some hands on learning.