hello! from a newbie in tampa, FL

jcrim007

Reaction score
hello all. just got a fly rod for my birthday a few weeks ago. been wanting one, and i asked for one, and my uncle was kind enuff to score me a nice one. he went to our local dick's sporting goods and got me a field and stream brand IM8 rod/reel combo. it is a 6 weight, 4 piece, 9 foot beauty. super light-weight and very thin.

i have an OLD fly rod a while back, but i don't know what happened to it exactly. it may be up at one of my family's houses in NC... but who knows. i have been out fly fishing a few times, but it was quite a while ago so i don't remember how good i was (or not at all :)

my typical fishing with it will be in a small lake on my in-laws property here outside of tampa. the lake is teaming with HUGE bream, and tiny bass. seriously... the bream give the bass a run for their money on size. i do however have a lot of family property up in western NC that i go to and i can fish the rainbow trout up there on a few rivers in the area.

thanks for reading my post!

jclampwork88

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Utah. You will find a lot of great advice and friendships here. Feel free to ask questions.

John

Whizzer

Reaction score
Welcome jcrim from colorado. i'm a newbie too, and have found this to be a good place to hang out. lots of experienced fisherman. i'm thinkin" we can learn a bunch here!!

steve