Hello fellow fisherpersons

Jer5150

Reaction score
Just stopping in to say hello from Jerry in California. Approaching 50 and have been fishing as far back as I can remember. A couple years ago a friend turned me on to Fly Fishing for Salmon on the Feather River. While I have only been there 4 times, I have to say that I am forever hooked. I have not yet caught a Salmon, Trout, or Steelhead yet but one day fooling around on the San Francisco Bay I hooked and landed a 2lb Striper on a streamer. This coming year I will be trying several different species and am looking forward to learning all I can having yet another way to have a great day on the water.

I'm also looking forward to talking to and even meeting other Fly Fisherpersons in my area. So in advance howdy and have yourselves a great day on the water.

Jer

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Jer,

Hi from AK. keep dragging the salt I sometimes catch flounder while dragging a streamer along the bottom. That's what's cool about being near the ocean, when you toss in a fly you never know what will happen.

Good Luck with those Salmon.

MontanaMoose

Reaction score
Hello Jer, I'm new around here too so welcome to the board. I used to live on the bay and have also fished the Feather a little. If you get a chance, take a look at Siskiyou county and if you find yourself in any part of it, let me know. Maybe wet a line together around some of my favorites.

Cheers,

MontanaMoose