Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Hello!

1. Default Hello!

First of all - way to go steelers! I am a fly-fisherman from Pittsburgh, PA and have just started fly tying - so I will be on these forums a lot looking for information on tying and tying gear, it has been great so far! I am planning a week long trip across PA this spring to fish all the great streams in Central PA. So, yup, thats about it, cant wait to discuss flying with you folk.

-Ernie

Default Re: Hello!

Hey Ernie,

Welcome to the board, and congrats on your Steelers--- it was never in doubt.

BTW, you don't have to wait for spring to get into fish- lots of steelhead out there now too if you like "invigorating" weather..

Here's a hatch chart so you can get right to work tying for your trip:

Central PA Hatch Chart

There are a lot of PA guys on the board that can offer some great advice, so pull up a chair, jump in on discussions, ask questions, and make yourself at home.

peregrines

Default Re: Hello!

Hi ErnieBall;
    Incredible game but that last 3 minutes was heart attack alley!

I fish a fair amount of central, pa; I'm from the Bedford area. So, let me know if I can help you in any way.

4. Default Re: Hello!

Quote Originally Posted by peregrines View Post
    Hey Ernie,

Welcome to the board, and congrats on your Steelers--- it was never in doubt.

BTW, you don't have to wait for spring to get into fish- lots of steelhead out there now too if you like "invigorating" weather..

Here's a hatch chart so you can get right to work tying for your trip:

Central PA Hatch Chart

There are a lot of PA guys on the board that can offer some great advice, so pull up a chair, jump in on discussions, ask questions, and make yourself at home.

peregrines
    I frequent "Steelhead Alley", as I go to school in Edinboro, PA - about 15 minutes from any steelhead stream, it is pretty great -- thanks for the hatch chart, that is great!

5. Default Re: Hello!

Quote Originally Posted by Greenwood View Post
    Hi ErnieBall;
    Incredible game but that last 3 minutes was heart attack alley!

I fish a fair amount of central, pa; I'm from the Bedford area. So, let me know if I can help you in any way.

Well , truth it, I am planning a fly fishing tour of Pennsylvania the first week of may and will be spending most of my time (obviously) in central pa --- I am not going to be planning all the logistics for another month (when my fishing partner comes home ) but any preliminary suggestions or ANYTHING would be greatly appreciated -- maybe I'll see ya out there