Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  12
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Saying HI

Default Re: Saying HI

Quote Originally Posted by myt1 View Post
    No wonder my google search of No Name Creek came up empty.
    It's honestly a creek we are wanting to get more folks into.

It runs through the core of the city and has been neglected by the city/county and the banks have been over run with a few homeless camps.

We've been told by folks in the city that the more folks who use the creek the more funding they can dedicate to rehabilitation. There's a group of us actively fishing it and trying to recruit more people to use it.

2. Likes myt1 liked this post

Actually, if the city would do something about the vagabonds they would likely have more folks use the creek for recreation. No one wants to hang out close to these types of areas and leave their vehicles unattended. I've fished a couple of places in CO like this. I kept my vehicle in plain view at all times. I'd see a few wonder towards it then see me and casually walk the other way. (the gov't uses the term "homeless" too loosely today. They classify anyone who doesn't have a residence and a job as "homeless". 90% of these folks are not true "homeless" people. They're vagabonds.) CO seems to be overrun with these folks.
    Kevin
    "Fight like you're the 3rd monkey trying to get on Noah's Ark"
    "Not every day is filled with sunshine. Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue"
    "If God had intended for man to only fish on weekends, He never would have created the other 5 days of the week."

5. Likes MarsB liked this post

Awesome article! Here's hoping it rebounds. Awareness is the first step.
    Montani Semper Liberi

www.cheat.org

7. Likes CoS FlyGuy liked this post

Welcome Cos!!

Yeah, the No Name Creek is a well known creek that's never fished because of that very reason. The first time I stopped in Angler's Covey I asked if there were any fish in the creek that ran behind the shop and the said yes, but they highly recommended not fishing it due to the lack of water quality and vagabond trash on the banks and in the water. It's a shame that the city doesn't do something and that the people of the city don't care and keep electing these officials that continuously do nothing for the beauty and quality of the area.
    Kevin
    "Fight like you're the 3rd monkey trying to get on Noah's Ark"
    "Not every day is filled with sunshine. Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue"
    "If God had intended for man to only fish on weekends, He never would have created the other 5 days of the week."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12