Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  29
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Hallo From Denmark

Lars

Welcome to the forum!

When I was in the Air Force in the early 80's, I spent a year in Greenland and had a chance to visit Denmark, but I was married and choose to go visit my wife in California instead. I often think about what it would have been like to get a chance to visit Denmark. The Danish people that I met at Thule, Greenland were all awesome people. If you get a chance to get out to Wyoming, give me a shout and I will show you around this great state.
    Larry

2. Thanks Wikinglars thanked for this post

Hi Rip

sorry for late reply. Been busy working and fishing. For us Danish flyfishermen, its easy to answer your question. Our sea trout hunting is very similar or our experience with our fishing here in Denmark, Most people fish from the shore, can be used to get succes in cape cod. We are very used to reading the water, fly casting in strong wind and working hard to find fish. The striper behaves in many ways similar to searun brown trout in salt water. The reason we choose cape cod, great fishing, beautiful place, easy accessibility and very friendly people.. Cheap by the means of an abroad fishing trip. No expensive resorts, no guides or boat rentals Fly ticket return from copenhagen about 600-700 dollars per person and we just bring our normal fly fishing gear. from home. No need to invest in new gear to go there. So most people can afford a trip like this. For the fishing. cape cod offers a very varied type of fishing, open coast, inlets fjords, canals etc. and within a short drive. The striper has an awesome hit on the fly and good strength and the size is great. The 2 other trips we usually get average 5 keepers a week per person and +100 fish. We are almost 100 % catch and release. We take 1 keeper a trip for a homemade feast celebration meal to give thx to the striper. I personally love cape cod, because it offers so many different kind of coast and fishing situations, low water fishing, with short delicate casts, hard working blind fishing with long cast searching a lot of water and following the tides watching a coast transform into a completely new fishing spot within hours. Im in love with cape cod and hope to come for many years to come. If u guys have other suggestion for fishing your great nation please let me know. And Larry thx for ur kind reply and to u all for ur friendly welcome.
    ? Larry Wyoming has great rivers for mostly trout right?
    ? If i should share some pictures and info on my islands fishing after sea run brown trout, in which section should i post it.
    Lars

4. Likes Rip Tide, mcnerney liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Wikinglars View Post
    Hi Rip

The reason we choose cape cod, great fishing, beautiful place, easy accessibility and very friendly people.. Cheap by the means of an abroad fishing trip. No expensive resorts, no guides or boat rentals Fly ticket return from copenhagen about 600-700 dollars per person and we just bring our normal fly fishing gear. from home. No need to invest in new gear to go there. So most people can afford a trip like this. For the fishing. cape cod offers a very varied type of fishing, open coast, inlets fjords, canals etc. and within a short drive. The striper has an awesome hit on the fly and good strength and the size is great. The 2 other trips we usually get average 5 keepers a week per person and +100 fish. We are almost 100 % catch and release. We take 1 keeper a trip for a homemade feast celebration meal to give thx to the striper. I personally love cape cod, because it offers so many different kind of coast and fishing situations, low water fishing, with short delicate casts, hard working blind fishing with long cast searching a lot of water and following the tides watching a coast transform into a completely new fishing spot within hours. Im in love with cape cod and hope to come for many years to come.
    That's pretty much why I fish there too. But it's only a 3 hour drive
    The fishing isn't nearly as good as it was 20-25 years ago, but there's still a real chance that you could catch a 40 pound fish while wade fishing
    There's not a lot of other places where that is true

After thinking about it, I remember chatting with a Danish fellow back on what my camera says was June 7 of this year.
    Jeremy Point, Wellfleet.
    He was in the kayak in this picture and having a tough time. Could that have been you?

IMGP0018_1.jpg
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements. --- Horace Kephart

6. Likes Wikinglars, mcnerney liked this post

Hi Rip

Its not me in the picture, i was in Cape Cod June 2018 and sep 2016. I prefer the june fishing the best, since we hit a very warm september in 2016. Even though i caught an Albacore from the coast, and lost another, which was a huge experience. The strongest fish pound for pound i have ever caught. And in sep we caught so many fish + 200 each in a week, but the fishing was mostly when it was dark. I really don't like night fishing too much. Of course its better than catching nothing all day long in daylight, but for me the sight fishing aspect is very important. In June, we could fish all day long spotting fish on the flats, i saw a monster fish and fished to it, though it did not bite. At first i got scared and thought it was a shark, but it was a hugh striper + 40 pounds. It was crazy and i don't even know how i would have reacted if it had taken my fly. It was a tremendous experience.I got many sight fish also keepers, got 5 keepers that week altogether and many other nice stripers plus i lost a + 10 pound blue, which gave a hell of a fight. A big blue next year is my big dream, it was a great week. So 2020 may 29 to june 7. I can't wait. I really love cape cod, what a great place. I could keep writing in praise of Cape Cod and what i love about it, but my english is not poetic enough. So if u are there that time, it could be fun to meet a local fly fisher. Lars

8. Likes Rip Tide, mcnerney liked this post

I'll be there
    We go every year at that time
    It's always Europeans, never Yanks.
    I don't get that at all.
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements. --- Horace Kephart

10. Likes mcnerney liked this post
    Blog Entries

Lars

Yes, in Wyoming it is all trout.
    If you every want to come out this way, give me a shout and I will show you the rivers we fish.
    Larry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12