Hi From Minnesota

Reaction score
Hi all!!! I am finally starting to really get into fly fishing and I have been browsing these forums for a while. I don't know if there is a question you guys won't be able to answer;);)

peregrines

Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator
Reaction score
hey NEMNFT, welcome to the board.

What kind of fish will you be chasing?

Are you up near Duluth?

There are a bunch of helpful folks here so ask away if you have questions, and feel free to jump in on discussions or start your own threads.

Make yourself at home.

mark

Reaction score
Most of my time with a fly rod will be spent going after rainbows and brookies, with the occasional panfish trip here and there. Yeah, I'm located in a small town about 20 minutes from Duluth.

peregrines

Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator
Reaction score
You should add smallmouth to your list too, there's some good fishing on the Cloquet. I was through there years ago, and had a blast, and then went on the Brule to chase steelhead. Beautiful country. I've always wanted to do a canoe trip into the BWCA out of Ely for 10 days or so, that should be a real blast if you ever head that way.

Great Lakes Flies is a pretty good shop in Duluth as I recall. They guys in the shop were very helpful.

You should have a ball with the trout and panfish. Ask away if you have questions.

Mark