New From Jersey

treetrout

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm from New Jersey and very new to fly fishing (and have had very little success). So I've been trying to research a much as I can and I came across this site. I figured it would be a great place to gain valuable information.

FISHN50

Reaction score
Hi Treetrout
Welcome to the site from a fellow Jersian....As they say , What exit are you from? Where do you fish? I would recommend Trout Unlinmited , we have chapters all throughout the state.. The Pequest Trout Hatchery is having their yearly open house on the weekend of Apr. 4-5 & it's worth going to & bring your kids if you have any..I've added links to some websites you might find interesting so ck. em out.

NJDEP Division of Fish & Wildlife - Fishing in New Jersey
NJDEP Division of Fish & Wildlife - 2009 Pequest Open House
Welcome to Central Jersey Trout Unlimited

peregrines

Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator
Reaction score
Welcome to the board, lot's of helpful folks here so ask questions if you've got 'em.

The season is just getting started so things should start getting good real soon. Hooking up with a local TU chapter is a great idea- most have group fishing trips to local water, informative meetings, casting clinics etc. you'll learn a ton.

mark

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Tree,

Hope we can help, it sounds like Fishn50 is a good resource for you. Jersey isn't that big, I'd look him up if I lived there.

Ard