Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New member....

Default New member....

Just thought I would introduce myself. Im new to Flyfishing altogether, but have been fishing all my life. Im located out in the W/Central portion of the Texas border area, occupation is Technical Rescue Supervisor and Medic for a County encompassing 1200 Sq miles.

I look forward to learning all I can from you guys here, and hopefully can find answers using the forum search key as opposed to asking noob Q's that have been asked/answered several times over....

Thanks in advance...

Bruce

2. Default Re: New member....

Hello Bruce:

Welcome to the forum. How are things in West Texas? I'm in East Texas. Even still, I may be closer to Chicago, Ill than I am to you.

Thanks for joining the forum. Its full of great of information for a new fly fisher. If you ever have any questions please let us know. We have a lot of great guys here ready to help.

Thanks,
    Steve

3. Default Re: New member....

Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you with us...
    [admin]Just please be carefull, this place is addicting![/admin]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

4. Default Re: New member....

Welcome aboard!

Default Re: New member....

Welcome to the group! Would you be in Del Rio? Sounds like you're close to the Devil's River, sure would love to fish that one someday. Let us know how we can help.
    http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._1276302_n.jpg

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.

Thanks for the hearty welcome!!! Im one county east of Val Verde in Brackettville. I initially lived in Del Rio when I first moved out from New Orleans, about 2 years ago. Brackettville offered me the best deal as far as EMS/Rescue goes....havent looked back since.

Im sure my initial fishing foray's on the fly will take me to Lake Amistad in the smaller back coves of the Nat Park and San Pedro wetlands. My g/f's dad is the Sheriff's Deputy for all of West Val Verde, and knows quite a few good spots for fishing. Id be happy to help anyone who ventures out this way in anyway I can.

Take care,

Bruce

I'm told that the Nueces close to Camp Wood is sublimely good too. Never fished it but heard many rave about it. I did most of my fishing in that area beween Medina and Johnson City, and would be happy to recommend some spots in that area. I also will strongly recommend stopping into Tackle Box Outfitters on New Braunfels Ave when you're in San Antonio. Its the oldest Fly Shop in Texas, and I learned a TON while I was working there. The fishing guru, also named Bruce can tell you more spots to go fish than you could get to in 3 years. (going twice a week)
    http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._1276302_n.jpg

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.

8. Default Re: New member....

Welcome to the forum. I am new to fly fishing also. There a bunch of guys here eager to help newbies like us.