Happy to be here!

ncor33

Reaction score
Hey to all!

New to the forums, old to fishing but still classify myself as a rookie...love to catch fish on the fly, have been doing it for years. But, nowhere near as often as I like.

I grew up fishing in the west (CA, NM, CO, OR) but am now in VA. Southwest VA trout fishing is a bit different from the west, but it is pretty great.

I am really interested in getting into smallmouth as well as catching a striper on the fly here in VA, so if anybody wants to help me, fish with me, or point me in the right directions, all input is welcome and appreciated.

Anyhow, thanks for having me, and I would love to hear from all of you!

peregrines

Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator
Reaction score
Neil,

Welcome to the forum, you're in a great place for fishing, and you should have a blast with stripers down there. Some 2/0 white deceivers for menhaden and size 2 or 1 chartreuse clousers for sandeels would be a good start-- it's mostly a question of finding the fish rather than pattern, though you can go crazy there too.

We have a few VA members here, so hopefully you'll get to meet some. You might also want to consider hooking up with a club affiliated with the Federation of Fly Fishers to get up to speed on the area, and to meet some new fishing buddies, there are a few scattered around that might be close to you:
Locate a Club

Again welcome to the forum.

mark

ncor33

Reaction score
Meeting some fishing partners would be great. I do enjoy my solitude while fishing, for the most part. But it would be fun to have a partner to hit some water with!

So, anybody from VA out there, please feel free to contact me. I did sign up for the Roanoke Valley TU chapter as well, should meet some folks there.

Thanks for the club listing.

All the best!