Pesca Maya in March

Editor

Fish&Fly
Staff member
Reaction score
Off for a return visit to the brilliant Pesca Maya lodge on the Yucatan the first week in March - can't wait! I'll be shooting some new photo's for their marketing campaigns so let's hope the weather and fish gods are feeling in a good mood.
It's been over a year since my last flats foray and it hurts - looking forward to stalking Permit in particular. Had plenty of shots last time down but finally nailed one on the last trip home across the bay.
Happy Christmas to you all!
Best regards,
Paul

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Paul: That sounds like a great trip, hope you hook into a bunch of permit and have some great wx to enjoy! Merry Christmas!

Larry

Frank Whiton

Most Senior Member
Reaction score
Hi Paul,

That is a great place to be in March. You should have some very good fishing. I have always wanted to go there for the Baby Tarpon and Permit. Don't look like that is ever going to happen for me.

You have a great trip and make sure you post some pictures on the Forum.

Best wishes for the Holidays.

Frank

Editor

Fish&Fly
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Larry and it's never too late Frank! My pops is coming down with us and he's 71 with creaky knees and one replacement hip. I'm actually hoping the warm water will do his joints some good and it will be his first tropical fishing trip ever after decades of UK trout and the occasional salmon and sea trout adventure.

I'm really looking forward to showing him what I enjoy doing and getting him hooked into some of the glamour species. :D

Mind you getting him in and out of the boat will be an adventure all in itself - LOL!

Happy New Year to everyone!

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Paul: I'm sure your father is going to have a great time, it's good that you can take him along to a great winter destination like this and enjoy time together.

Larry

Editor

Fish&Fly
Staff member
Reaction score
Hope you noticed the trip report and slideshow up in the headlines on the homepage at the moment. :thmbup:

macabi

Reaction score
cool, cant wait for the pictures,, I was in punta allen just 4 weeks ago
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZBvLfEHCK0"]YouTube- bonefish on the fly[/nomedia]

going back in august

Pocono

Reaction score
My wife and I fished out of Pesca Maya 2 years ago and enjoyed it a lot. Interesting "ride" across Ascension Bay each morning, but once on the flats, it was great fishing; with substantially less wind than you find further South in Belize.

Too bad that the Federales won't let them clean up their beach.

I'm sure you had a great time; will read the report and slide show.

Pocono

macabi

Reaction score
My wife and I fished out of Pesca Maya 2 years ago and enjoyed it a lot. Interesting "ride" across Ascension Bay each morning, but once on the flats, it was great fishing; with substantially less wind than you find further South in Belize.

Too bad that the Federales won't let them clean up their beach.

I'm sure you had a great time; will read the report and slide show.

Pocono
yeah, I notice that also.
it is prohibited for some one to clean the beach staring
at boca paila ,all the way south.

it is because all the packages of drugs that wash of daily. usualy the
dealers dump the drugs when they are beeing chased.