Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Headed for Belize!

Default Headed for Belize!

Wife and I are headed for Belize in early November. Going to stay at Turneffe Flats Lodge for a week. Plan on bringing 8 wts for bonefish, 10 wts for barracuda and permit and an 11 wt for tarpon. Have I covered all the bases? Will try to take some pictures and post upon returning.
    "I hear voices, they tell me to go fishing"

Default Re: Headed for Belize!

My wife and I were at Turneffe Flats 2 years ago. You'll enjoy your stay; great fishing, friendly people, great hosts and knowledgeable guides.

For the Bones, I fished a 7 wt.; overlined with an 8 or 9 wt. line. My wife fished an 8 wt. rod overlined with a 9 wt. line. The Bones at Turneffe are not that large, but the wind is always up; hence the lighter rod/heavier line. For Permit you'll probably be in the lagoon; much less wind than on the outside flats where the Bones are; we used 9 wt. rods/9 wt. line and they worked fine. We didn't see any Tarpon, but I had my 11 wt. rod/11 wt. line with me; just in case.................!

Pocono

3. Likes buddhist_palm liked this post
    Blog Entries

You have it covered.

How was the fishing and accomidations? Did you do any diving?

I really like that usually there is someone here on this forum that has been everywhere and is willing to share

7. Default Re: Headed for Belize!

we spent honeymoon/fishing trip <ha-ha..in belize,,,stayed almost a month,,what GREAT FISHING,,WE HAD THE MOST FUN @south water caye,bones were all over upon landing the boat on arrival,barely got luggage out tryin to grab rods to start casting,,tarpon too!--wifey nailed a 19 pound grey jack all on her own,,,,oooooooh,,,wishin I was fishin~!

8. Likes mcnerney liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by mamachong1 View Post
    we spent honeymoon/fishing trip <ha-ha..in belize,,,stayed almost a month,,what GREAT FISHING,,WE HAD THE MOST FUN @south water caye,bones were all over upon landing the boat on arrival,barely got luggage out tryin to grab rods to start casting,,tarpon too!--wifey nailed a 19 pound grey jack all on her own,,,,oooooooh,,,wishin I was fishin~!
    Yep, South Water Caye is an excellent location.
    BTW, a "grey jack" is a Crevalle Jack. Big schools of them chase "sprat" (sardines) around the island, as do Barracuda.

My wife went diving while I went fishing. Lodge, meals, staff, accommodations, guides all first rate.
    My wife thought the diving was very good. I caught all the bonefish I wanted and had many shots at permit and managed to catch one.
    Our second time there.
    "I hear voices, they tell me to go fishing"

11. Likes mcnerney liked this post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gbanker View Post
    My wife went diving while I went fishing. Lodge, meals, staff, accommodations, guides all first rate.
    My wife thought the diving was very good. I caught all the bonefish I wanted and had many shots at permit and managed to catch one.
    Our second time there.
    Post some photos of your trip, we would love to see them.

Larry
    Larry

13. Default Re: Headed for Belize!

I have been wanting to do this trip for a long time now, would definitely want to see some photos and hear what it was like. also figured I would pass this on since your photos would be perfect for it.

https://www.facebook.com/CheekyFlyFi...380964/?type=1

the company is having a photo competition so you might want to check it out. (not spam just passing it along) have an awesome trip friend.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast