Holbox DIY etc

boogeyklat

Reaction score
Hey everyone. My wife is hosting a retreat in Holbox in March and I may tag along. I have fished south of cancun all the way into the biosphere but never been to this area.

I don't mind getting on a panga to fish but I would like to explore and wade for snook and whatever else is there. I know it's a big tarpon spot but I'm not going just for them. I don't want to spend 500 on a guide to catch baby tarpon and would rather pay some locals to drive me around. Anyone been here and have an experience. PM me if you like. I would really appreciate it.

Wet dreams

Reaction score
I am sure you can find something but I would recommend going with Alehandro Vega Cruz "Sandflea" and Holbox Tarpon Club.,

One problem is the Snook and Baby tarpon are mostly in the mangroves and all that we fished had soft bottoms. Might be something on the Lagoon side as there are several little cuts and inlets. You could run into some jacks walking the beaches early in the mornings. There are some guys that are more tour boat operaters than guides but they can take you fishing too. Some can be booked on the beach at the little Kiosks, there were a couple near the shark dive pier. You could always try asking Alejandro Vega as he is very helpful and wouldn't hold it against you if you are not booking with him.

Last edited: