Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cancun fly fishing guide

1. Default Cancun fly fishing guide

Going to Cancun in April. Any feedback on guides you have used?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Cancun fly fishing guide

I can't help with the guide but sure would like to hear your fishing story when you return! Post pics if you have a camera and good luck on your trip.

Larry

Hi MVFLY,

I am assuming you are going on a trip and you want to fish while you are in Cancun. Or are you planning a fishing trip?

The best fishing that I know about is south of Cancun. That is where the lodges are located. If you are staying in Cancun the hotel you stay at will have information on day fishing. I would try them first. You will do a lot better if you have everything figured out before you get there.

Most of the fishing lodges are reachable by auto from Cancun. I have not fished there but we do have a member or two who has fished there. Do a search on Bone Fishing or Cancun. That may turn up the threads. If I remember correctly somebody was offering information to anyone who was interested in fishing that area.

Frank

4. Default Re: Cancun fly fishing guide

Hey Frank, Yeh, I'm going to Cancun with the family and hope to do some day trips with a local guide. Rodman Hunter keeps popping up on my search's. Think he replys to everyone's request. I've fished Ambergris Ceye, Belise for bonefish. Want to try something different. Maybe sm. tarpon.

5. Default Re: Cancun fly fishing guide

Thanks mcnerney, I'll do that if successful.

Blog Entries

MVFly: Don't worry about being successful, remember its winter here and a lot of us are stuck in the house tying flies. We would love to hear about your fishing and pictures of the area even if you get skunked! Helps pass the winter! Good luck!

Larry

7. Default Re: Cancun fly fishing guide

Just came back from Cancun last month. Going again in June. E-mail your phone # and I will call you with all the info. Have 2 guides and great place to stay.
    Chuck

8. Default Re: Cancun fly fishing guide

Thanks Chuck, But I'm leaving tomorrow morning. I booked some days with Enrique @ Cancun Flyfishing. I considered Rodman Hunter, but he never got back to me until I was already booked. I'll let you know how it goes. Post your guides today if you want. I will get a chance to see before I go. Thanks

9. Default Re: Cancun fly fishing guide

Quote Originally Posted by MVFLY View Post
    Thanks Chuck, But I'm leaving tomorrow morning. I booked some days with Enrique @ Cancun Flyfishing. I considered Rodman Hunter, but he never got back to me until I was already booked. I'll let you know how it goes. Post your guides today if you want. I will get a chance to see before I go. Thanks
    man I hope is not the same I hired a while back.
    it was a terrible experience,, junk... he provided me with supouse to be fly fishing equipment ,,it was trash ..and he had 2 flies like number 0 crazy charlie imitation LOL. they oporate isla blanca, and advertice in hotels. etc.

next time take the time and go to punta allen ,you wont be dissapointed.

keep us posted!

Last edited by macabi; 04-27-2010 at 11:56 AM.

Im going to cancun June 15-22 and really want to fish. Any info would be great.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast