Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Fishing in PA this year

Default Fishing in PA this year

I'm planning on doing some fishing in Pennsylvania this year around Bedford and Penn State. Any one know some good spots and how to get access to them?
    "I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...because only in the woods can I find solitude without lonliness..." Robert Traver 1964 (Judge John Voelker)

2. Default Re: Fishing in PA this year

i live about a hour from State College(penn state) ive always liked to fish Clarks Creek(fishing creek,PA) or anywhere along the appalacian mountains is good fishing for rainbow, brook, and brown trout if thats what youre after.

Default Re: Fishing in PA this year

There are lots of places to fish in the state collage area, just do a search for there. If you come up to the upper part of Pine creek give me a hollor, be more than happy to help out. You could try the feathered Hook for info to. Jonas knows that area the best.
    sandfly/ bob
    (www.bigmeadowsflyshop.com)
    N.J.B.B.A. #2215

I did not escape.....they gave me a day pass!
    from the outer edge of nowhere
    fly tying and fishing Gillie..

Spruce creek and Pine creeks are both very good spots to fish in that area.

Found Yellow Creek just north of Everett,PA a great place to fish. Lost the biggest rainbow of my life when it rolled and the wooly bugger snapped off and the line went limp. So did my heart! I thought I took up flyfishing to relax? Thought I had a snag and yanked and wouldn't budge. Then it took off! That's why it's called fishing and not catching!
    "I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...because only in the woods can I find solitude without lonliness..." Robert Traver 1964 (Judge John Voelker)

6. Default Re: Fishing in PA this year

Spring Creek and Penns Creek are great places to fish in that area. Spring creek hosts mainly wild browns and carp. And Penns creek has great hatches in early/late fall. Both these creeks are limestone creeks and regardless have great hatches