Hatch Chart for the Mid-Atlantic Region

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
This is something new we are trying to add to the forum, so if you have a hatch chart of your favorite water in the Mid-Atlantic Region please add it or let me know and I can add it in. Thanks!

stenacron

Reaction score
A few from my old stomping grounds in eastern Pennsylvania... affectionately known as, The Lehigh Valley Limestoners... east to west :D

CHART_Bushkill_rev 0.jpg

CHART_Saucon_rev 0.jpg

CHART_Monocacy_rev 0.jpg

CHART_Lil Lehigh_rev 0.jpg

Last edited:

fredaevans

Reaction score
White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone
Amazing to look at the long list of hatches listed above, wish we had something like that going on in Western Oregon. I can't even remember the last time I pulled out the can of bug repellent. Probably just as well?

Very little in the way of trout fishing (saved for stocked lakes) until you get to Eastern Oregon. There the trout fishing is excellent.

fae

dharkin

Reaction score
Really cool to compare the three posts.

Axle27, yours shows the time of day and thats neat! slips74 breaks it down into the specific groups and even includes streamers, and stencron breaks it up by specific bodies (creeks) of water. What more could you ask for. Great work guys and thanks for posting.

Dan

rsagebrush

Reaction score
Thanks for those charts guys, these are really nice.
Still I only use a couple of dozen ties during the year which seems to work for me.

redietz

Reaction score
Take that chart for the Gunpowder with a grain of salt. The only month of the year that I've never seen BWO's there is February. Tricos may not start until Labor Day some years. It lumps little brown stones (size 14, start mid-February) in with little black stones (size 18-20, end mid-February).

I don't mean to pick on that hatch chart in particular; I just happen to know the river intimately. Take any hatch chart with a grain of salt. They may get you close, but your experience on a river will get you closer.

Last edited:

Justfeeshin

Reaction score
yeah i usually take them all with a grain of salt as you can never predict nature. i usually just go with what i see on/in the river. to be honest i dont really follow them. i just go with what i know works and when to try it. just figured it may help someone or give them an idea of things to try. i really dont fish that river much mostly because of the yakers in summer and all the pressure it gets. ive heard great things but i have yet to experience it on that river. truly any tips or flys to try would be helpful.