Waters near Erie, PA

psishapiro

Reaction score
Traveling for business and wondered if there are good trout waters close to Erie. If you know em and are willing to share, let's hear em!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

smp005

Reaction score
Good steelhead waters for sure! For trout streams you will need to turn south into PA most likely ..

You have Conneaut and Ashtabula in Ohio, Elk in Pa.. steelhead alley baby!!! I rumor has it they are starting to show up.. if you want to take a coupe hour drive, go southeast to Oil City and fish Oil Creek - great trout stream, easy access and great in the fall...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

psishapiro

Reaction score
Good steelhead waters for sure! For trout streams you will need to turn south into PA most likely ..

You have Conneaut and Ashtabula in Ohio, Elk in Pa.. steelhead alley baby!!! I rumor has it they are starting to show up.. if you want to take a coupe hour drive, go southeast to Oil City and fish Oil Creek - great trout stream, easy access and great in the fall...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I've never fished for steelhead, but open to it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ejsell

Reaction score
Early yet, but the reports seem to be coming in a little earlier than normal. Lake levels are way up this year so I wonder if that's playing into it. Near or at the mouths will be best then. If the conditions are right you should be able to get some beach fishing in. They will be stacking out very close to the beach. I talked to a guy 2 years ago that said he does pretty well early on just a few feet off shore mostly with clousers and streamers. Poor Richards Bait Shop keeps a frequent report on their facebook page. There's a nice little fly shop at Follys End Campground. We've been going the last full week of October. This year we pushed it back about a week and a half. The last 2 years we didn't see any significant numbers outside of mouths until the last day or 2 of our trip. It's a great place to go, good luck.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk