Fishing Falling Springs in Nov

repperson29

Reaction score
Hi all,

Making a trip down to Chambersburg, PA for a friends surprise birthday party. I’ll be getting into Chambersburg the night of Nov 9 and staying at the Days Inn that’s right next to the fly fish only section. Ill be able to fish the 10th and almost all of the 11th.

It’ll be my first time fishing down there and realize it’s a very technical creek, any tips or tricks anyone can recommend? Should I focus all my time on falling springs or try some other suggestions? I’ll be alone so I can make my own plans so to speak.

Thanks everyone, the plan is too make another trip report out of this one.

Also, it’s good too be back on the forum, I’ve been absent for a few months for various reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Red Owl

Reaction score
If you have never been there, the stream is mostly in a residential area with houses, etc. It is a rather small stream, or creek. A mile or two upstream from the Day's Inn is a small parking spot with another area to fish. In the interest of a "been there-done that" thing, you should fish it however about 20-30 minutes up the road is Big Springs which is also famous and you might also want to try there. Big Springs is more rural with a farm house here and there and along the stream is a path and stumps or benches to sit and ponder how to approach a spot.

repperson29

Reaction score
So how’d the trip go?

Thanks for reminding me! For some reason I thought I had updated this post and didn’t. I ended up fishing falling springs for about 5 hours. Hooked two wild Browns and landed one.

The other one broke me off when he went under a log.

I ended up fishing falling springs, big spring, the letort (I wouldn’t say I really fished it, they were on the redds so I sort of just walked along the stream to say I’ve been there) and also fished yellow breeches for a few hours. Hooked up with a rainbow on yellow but didn’t snap a pic. Overall it was a definite learning experience. My approach needs to be better when dealing with brookies for sure.