Rivers Are up ... anyone in Maryland catching anything?

hambone111

Reaction score
Ive been out 3 times in March .

we did well enough. didnt get skunked and it beats sitting inside tying more flies i dont have room for in the box and dreaming about using them. between the snow and consistent enough rain tho the waters are up and i cant yet fish all the streams i want.

anyone else have their boots on a drying rack? pics?

high water in early March swinging nymphs and streamer tandem rig. im sure a portion of you will comment that we would catch more fish if i wasnt wearing red. but this time of the year ... i aint fixin to get shot walking along the treeline :cool:

redietz

Reaction score
I fished the Gunpowder today, and it definitely wasn't "up". It more "on its bones" at 35 cfs near the dam. I went below Blumount, thinking that Little Falls would add quite a bit more flow, but even that was down.

I still managed 11 landed.

March was a slow month for me as well. I only got out five times, and only totaled about 20 for those trips. I expect more at this time of the year.

hambone111

Reaction score
I fished the Gunpowder today, and it definitely wasn't "up". It more "on its bones" at 35 cfs near the dam. I went below Blumount, thinking that Little Falls would add quite a bit more flow, but even that was down.

I still managed 11 landed.

March was a slow month for me as well. I only got out five times, and only totaled about 20 for those trips. I expect more at this time of the year.
wow ! that is low !

i fish mostly Frederick and Washington County so we have had a lot more water out here. rivers are back up today. not sure if ill be able to get out this week. i was hoping to be able to get on the Smallies spawn out on the Conch this week or next week but its sitting at 1000/3 right now. NO WAY!!! beaver creek wasnt too bad when i was out a couple of weeks ago. just gotta bide my time.