Fall fishing around chester county, PA

cwb124

Reaction score
Not looking to hotspot anywhere or for anyone to give out spots, but was wondering if any of the stocked streams will have any fish this fall to go after? I know during the summer the water warms up and the trout move out, although I'm not sure where they go. Plus they get harvested at high rates in the spring. But during the fall when the water temps fall, and especially this fall when we will have more than enough water, do fish 'come back' to these waters and hang out for the winter? Or are most of these waters put and take and are devoid of fish life until the stocking trucks show back up in April?

philly

Reaction score
It looks like the only stream the PFBC stocks in the fall is the East Brandywine Creek. As far as the fish being there. They're there. I've seen several trout in the Wissahickon Creek the last couple of weeks and that gets a lot more pressure than any of the creeks in Chester County. We've had decent flows this summer with all the rain. I would image you'll be able to find hold over fish in most of the stocked creeks