First trout ever

adam0321

Reaction score
I am in PA for work and decided to bring my rod. I have only been fly fishing seriously for about 4 months. I have mostly just fished ponds for bass and panfish. Well today, I caught my first trout on a fly rod in PA on the “big spring just south of Newville, at the fly fishing only section of the run. I got 4 in about 3 hours on a caddis and an Adams. I am now hooked. I also see why waders are a must.
IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iv_wjb

Reaction score
Sweet - It’s a beauty, congratulations!!

Like you, I’m fairly-new to it (although it’s been a couple of seasons, now) but, I caught my first Brookie this Summer & I remember that feeling of pure-awesomeness, very well. So exciting!!

Enjoy the ride!

adam0321

Reaction score
Thanks guys. It was a blast. I have so much to learn. I was at one run and could see the trout in the water. Then I arrived at the run where I caught the fish and did not see any. Therefore, I did not think there was any fish in the creek. Now I know they hide in the grass and reeds. I cannot wait to get back out on the river.

adam0321

Reaction score
Yup, I am at work and all I can think about is leaving to go fish. This is going to be the start of a great relationship. I love being in the mountains. I caught some **** from my friends who are bass fisherman about the size of the trout. However, that little trout was more rewarding than any bass I have ever caught.

flytie09

Reaction score
Yup, I am at work and all I can think about is leaving to go fish. This is going to be the start of a great relationship. I love being in the mountains. I caught some **** from my friends who are bass fisherman about the size of the trout. However, that little trout was more rewarding than any bass I have ever caught.

Good job Adam. Those trout there can be tricky to catch so they were well earned.

I hate it when bass fishermen shun small stream trout fishing. To end the conversation, you only need ask them what the world record largemouth or smallmouth bass is.

Then tell them the Brown and Rainbow trout world records and the conversation is over.

ft09