On the Road to Scranton.

Red Owl

Reaction score
Doing a trip in Mid-May from FL to NY and I'll be going through Scranton from King of Prussia.
If possible, I'd like to stop and do a half day fly fishing. The Lehigh, Little Lehigh, Hickory Creek/Run, etc. I've just driven through before, never really stopped to look around.
Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

ryc72

Reaction score
The Lackawanna runs near Scranton and the brodhead and mcmichael are just due east. Lackawanna isn’t the prettiest fishery but supposed to have nice browns.

afishinado

Reaction score
Doing a trip in Mid-May from FL to NY and I'll be going through Scranton from King of Prussia.
If possible, I'd like to stop and do a half day fly fishing. The Lehigh, Little Lehigh, Hickory Creek/Run, etc. I've just driven through before, never really stopped to look around.
Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks.
All the streams / river you mentioned > The Lehigh, Little Lehigh and the streams in Hickory Run Park would make for a nice 1/2 day fishing. Choosing one should be of a more "game time" decision, depending on conditions in mid-May. Check in close to your trip and you can use the local fly shops > The Evening Hatch & A&A Outfitters as a resource to give up an up-to-date report on conditions. Good luck.