PA in August from Milford advicr

MichaelCPA

Reaction score
Hi,

I am staying in Milford PA early August and have a day to fish. It is a bit of a drive to the West Delaware (1.5 hours) and I wonder if there are trout streams within reach in eastern PA.

As I will be there first week of August, I realize that elevation and cool water will dictate what is possible.

Anything in the east?

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Probably should consider the 1.5 hour drive. I'm not overly familiar with eastern PA. and there's a good reason for that. The only trip I made there was to visit Broadheads Creek because that was one of the mecca type places Eric Leisenring and all that.... beyond that I focused all efforts on North Central and Central state. Check to see how far you'll be from Broadhead Creek. Or relegate yourself to still water fishing for whatever they have there.

philly

Reaction score
I fished the Milford area of the Delaware many years ago chasing shad. You're probably about an hour or less from the Broadhead, and about the same distance from the Bushkill. I just googled the area. There are some creeks and brooks near Mildford. Not sure if they're stocked with trout, might be worth checking out. Given the time of the year you might be better off checking out some of the lakes/ponds in the area for warm water action. Even the Delaware would give you a shot at some smallmouth.

jddietrich

Reaction score
You'll be within an hour of both the Lackawaxen and the Lackawanna. Of course, in August, you'll need to be sensitive to water temps.

flybri2

Reaction score
Another option is the Neversink River in NY. It's also a NYC watershed tailwater but not as big or productive as the West Branch of the Delaware.