Alberta Fly Fishing

Trout Bum

Reaction score
I would like to fly fish somewhere in Canada this year. I've never been there. Does anyone have any info on fly fishing Alberta? Any guide recommendations?

TB

dougm

Reaction score
Alberta

There is a wealth of information on the internet about fly fishing in Alberta. Pardon me for being a touch biased, however, our website at www.flyfishalberta.com is a fairly in depth website dedicated to fly fishing in Alberta, Canada. Please feel free to take the time to visit the site and garner more information. Yes, we do guide. If you would like to approach me with any specific details, I would be happy to help you. Of course, there are many guides in Alberta on various rivers and if you are seeking a trip on waters we don't guide on we'll certainly point out a few people that we know provide good service.
Please feel free to email me at
info@flyfishalberta.com
Dave Jensen
403 346 1698

dougm

Reaction score
Flyfishing in Alberta

Undoubtably the best area to fly fish for trout in Alberta is the Crowsnest Pass in the south west end of the province..I guided 9 years in Banff National Park on the Bow river and down south for 9 years also... for fly rods, south is where you want to be. The variety of streams, their size and geography the different trout species ,mountains foothills and prairie landscapes, size of the fish it,s all here.My company also spends time on the Lower Bow and famous B.C. waters like the Elk and St. Mary,s rivers..From my house on the Crowsnest River I can be standing on the Banks of the Elk river in B.C. in 20 minutes. Withing one hours drive of the Crowsnest in call flyfish 30 different flowing trout streams.... Southern Alberta streams Are simallar to Montana,s .Accomodations range from 75$ to125$(Canadian) on average..My rates are 325-300 us$ for two people includes excellent lunches and any tackle requirements, any lodgings can be arranged, no charge..And as for guides for hire I recomend me of course..if we are all booked up we are well associated with some top notch guides...I hope this helps you with your questions..check out our (needs up dating)web site at www.albertaflyfishing.ab.ca. 1-877-363-3258.Alan and Susan Brice ,Crowsnest Cafe' and Fly Shop

dougm

Reaction score
Hey Bum:

By all means come to Alberta!!! And do check out Daves site - he has a bunch of really good info.

You can also check out my site http://www.alpineanglers.com for what we offer in the way of guiding on such Alberta treasures as the Bow - both upper and lower; Crowsnest; Oldman and tributaries.

If you are planning a few days, why not stay in the majestic Bow corridor (Banff or Canmore) and do a couple of day trips. That is what we do best!!!

dougm

Reaction score
Fishing in Alberta.

You have had a couple of good responses regarding fishing in Alberta. We offer a unique experience with combined packages on our Trophy Trout Lakes in the Cypress Hills. Lots of HOT rainbows from 5 lbs. to over 12 lbs. New Alpine Lodge only minutes from our lakes. We can also guide you on the Blue Ribbon Bow River for large rainbows and browns with lots of fish over 20". The Crowsnest River Region is also a good bet for walk and wade. You have had a response from Allan Brice. I would recommend him to anyone. If you need any further information contact us toll free Canada & USA 1-888-211-8184. or check our website www.cypressflyfishing.com Catch you later, Brent.

dougm

Reaction score
Trout Bum said:
I would like to fly fish somewhere in Canada this year. I've never been there. Does anyone have any info on fly fishing Alberta? Any guide recommendations?

TB

AKGuide

Reaction score
Re: Fishing in Alberta.

You have had a couple of good responses regarding fishing in Alberta.
Interesting info although these responses were all posted by the same person ;) I'll be visiting a friend in Alberta this summer and will check them out.

Paul

Reaction score

TB
Bow River at Calgary, Oldman river , west of Lethbrdge. Are good spots.