The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > >

Mountain Northwest Territories and Alberta. Post fishing reports, ask for information, discuss this area...

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Old 06-22-2015, 01:58 PM

yikes has a brilliant futureyikes has a brilliant futureyikes has a brilliant futureyikes has a brilliant futureyikes has a brilliant futureyikes has a brilliant futureyikes has a brilliant futureyikes has a brilliant futureyikes has a brilliant futureyikes has a brilliant futureyikes has a brilliant future
Default Alberta, here I come!

8 days in Banff and Jasper:
If the water is slow and clear, great fishing is in store. If it is swift and cloudy runoff, well, it will probably make for some spectacular waterfalls and awesome hikes.

Either way, it's a win!
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 2 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes mcnerney, GrtLksMarlin liked this post
Old 06-22-2015, 02:44 PM

spm has a reputation beyond reputespm has a reputation beyond reputespm has a reputation beyond reputespm has a reputation beyond reputespm has a reputation beyond reputespm has a reputation beyond reputespm has a reputation beyond reputespm has a reputation beyond reputespm has a reputation beyond reputespm has a reputation beyond reputespm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Alberta, here I come!

Sounds like a great trip, yikes. Hoping for the slow and clear for you.
Looking forward to hearing about it.

Travel safely,
steve
Old 07-04-2016, 11:13 PM

tx_newb has much to be proud oftx_newb has much to be proud oftx_newb has much to be proud oftx_newb has much to be proud oftx_newb has much to be proud oftx_newb has much to be proud oftx_newb has much to be proud oftx_newb has much to be proud of

What was your experience in Banff? Planning a trip with the wife this fall and Banff is one area that came up in discussion...
Old 07-14-2016, 11:50 PM

ishaw is on a distinguished road

I am a fishing guide in and around Banff, the fishing is fantastic. Your options are to fish the Upper Bow River (from Canmore) for brown trout, the Lower Bow (from Calgary) for Rainbow, Brown Trout and the mountain streams for Cutthroat, Bull, Rainbow and Brown Trout.

You can fish the lakes for massive lake trout, you can catch these on nymphs if you wish not just trolling huge spoons behind a boat.

I hope that helps.

If you want help/advice PM me.

Last edited by mcnerney; 07-15-2016 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Removed the commercial url
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes GrtLksMarlin liked this post
Old 07-15-2016, 12:30 PM

runningfish has much to be proud ofrunningfish has much to be proud ofrunningfish has much to be proud ofrunningfish has much to be proud ofrunningfish has much to be proud ofrunningfish has much to be proud ofrunningfish has much to be proud ofrunningfish has much to be proud ofrunningfish has much to be proud of

I fished the bow early June and it wasn't bad, water boatman started to show up late evening but during the day I was swinging streamer.
Likes GrtLksMarlin liked this post