Buffalo, NY is moving to Metro Denver....sort of.

losthwy

Montrose, Co.
Reaction score
“We’re expected to see between 1.2-1.3 million people – additional people – in this region between now and the year 2040,” said Doug Rex, DRCOG’s executive director. “That’s substantial. It’s hard to really wrap your head around it – it’s literally, if you want an example, like every person in Buffalo, N.Y., packing their bags, closing shop and relocating here over the next 20 years.”

9News

scotty macfly

Reaction score
Why? We have nothing to offer them here. Not enough jobs, housing, rivers, creeks/streams.

That's it. I'm buying Colorado, and it will be the State of Scotty. Fly fishermen only.

el jefe

Reaction score
Why? We have nothing to offer them here. Not enough jobs, housing, rivers, creeks/streams.

That's it. I'm buying Colorado, and it will be the State of Scotty. Fly fishermen only.
If you can see your way clear to granting me a special lifetime exemption from the speed limits after your purchase, you would save both me and the Colorado State Police a lot of time. Hey, the fly would be in the water longer.:D

zjory

Reaction score
Christ. I’ve only been here 13 years, but can clearly remember how much quieter it was when I first came. Not just the obvious things like traffic, but it used to be easy to find a restaurant without a wait on a Friday or Saturday night. I had four great fishing spots that were relative secrets five years ago. Now I have two. One started seeing people last year and the other one got found out three years ago.

scotty macfly

Reaction score
Christ. I’ve only been here 13 years, but can clearly remember how much quieter it was when I first came. Not just the obvious things like traffic, but it used to be easy to find a restaurant without a wait on a Friday or Saturday night. I had four great fishing spots that were relative secrets five years ago. Now I have two. One started seeing people last year and the other one got found out three years ago.
It was nice back in the late 60's and early 70's.

buffler razz

Reaction score
Interesting comparison. We bailed out of Buffalo, twice! If everyone that has left Buffalo returned it would be like 5 million people. We did spend 6 plus years in the Denver area, 2 kids born at Rose Med Center, and my best friend from way back in elementry school still there. We still get together too. Had a company try to woo us out of Albuquerque and back up to Denver. Just got too big for us, but can see the allure, especially for you younger folks. Fair number of my kids friends that leave here head to Denver and all it has to offer. Same as it did for us wayyy back in the last century.