Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Montana's "Wicked Witch' is 'dead' ... for the moment!

Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border

Default Re: Montana's "Wicked Witch' is 'dead' ... for the moment!

Quote Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
    there is a lot of big money movie stars and other celebraties moving from Calif into Montana,Larry
    I have a lot of relatives in Montana. They are not to happy with those movie stars, and none of the people there I have talked to are either. My Dad was at a restaurant when Jane Fonda came in with Ted Turner. I laugh pretty hard every time he tells that story. Just because you have a movie star with a ton of money does not mean they are going to have a lot of influence. Particularly after they saw what the out of state people did to my home state of Colorado. And that wasn't all movie stars. Lots of people from California, and Texas, New York, New Jersey.....If they are going to show up and wreck the place, there isn't a whole lot you can do about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Whiton View Post
    Hi Fred,

Thanks for the quick update. Montana will have to be vigilant to make sure HB309, or something similar, doesn't come up again. Lets hope that Utah can reverse the restrictions they face now.

Frank
    Unless Sportsman (in general) from Utah don't start to open their wallets and help fund the fight it may never happen. Steve Schmidt (owner of Western Rivers) told all of us @ The FT3 show that up to this point only $4000.00 has been donated to the fight.

Thank goodness the Attorneys working with USAC (Utah Stream Access Coalition) are working Pro-Bono!!

Quote Originally Posted by mojo View Post
    Never say never. If they're half as devious as the Utah State Legislature, it'll be back in one form or another.
    Your words are far more kind than what I use to describe this batch!

I am going to go fish The Mitchell Slough aka Huey Lewis Slough this weekend. I've lived so close and stayed away for far too long. Hell, maybe I'll get to say Hi to Huey!
    Last edited by dean_mt; 03-24-2011 at 08:34 PM. Reason: clarifying

White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Quote Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
    Yat: I hear you on that, it is all about money! That is why I was quite surprised to hear that they tabled HB309 in Montana, there is a lot of big money movie stars and other celebraties moving from Calif into Montana, I expect they will make another attempt at restricting stream access.

Larry
    Correct on all points. The thing that 'scares me' about this thing is even to get to the Senate, it already had passed in the House.
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

I was watching part of the hearing on TV.

One of the chairman was asking very logical questions - the (idiot) sponsor really couldn't answer or defend. It seemed pretty obvious, they could n't let it go forward. I'm amazed it got as far as it did. I think the sponsor represents Dillon? I can't not believe this will go well for him over there

Next elections - I just need to remember those that voted for it...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dhayden View Post
    I was watching part of the hearing on TV.

One of the chairman was asking very logical questions - the (idiot) sponsor really couldn't answer or defend. It seemed pretty obvious, they could n't let it go forward. I'm amazed it got as far as it did. I think the sponsor represents Dillon? I can't not believe this will go well for him over there

Next elections - I just need to remember those that voted for it...
    Amen to that for all you guys that live in Montana! Make your votes count!

Larry
    Larry

Gather the turn out (public) was so large they had to move the 'meeting' into the old Montana Supreme Court's room. SRO and people standing out in the hall (350 some actually signed the meeting register).

fae
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

The "Wise Use" movement isn't being driven by movie stars and Californians. It's being driven by landowners who want to make a buck off the trout fishermen. This kind of thing has been going on all over the West for at least thirty years. That was long before Montana was deemed the "last best place".

If you want to read up on the "Wise Use" crowd the information is on the net. You want to blame scapegoats and you'll lose.

To save everyone doing a Google Search, do you have a link(s) you could/can post up?

fae

But like the witch her feet are still hanging out from under the building as our reminder of what could have happened. I might hang some striped socks in the slough to do the same. j/k
    River Otter Fly Shop
    Premier Montana Fly Fishing
    [url]www.riverotterflyfishing.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast