Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Endangered coho salmon return to Russian River

Default Endangered coho salmon return to Russian River

This is a dedicated thread for discussing news item: Endangered coho salmon return to Russian River

Very good news. I was lucky enough to visit the Russian river a few years back and it is a beautiful area - I even caught a couple of American Shad on the fly which really made my day. It would be nice to think next time I return salmon may be plentiful enough to be targeted once again.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Endangered coho salmon return to Russian River

Paul: That is indeed good news, what a great program!

Larry
    Larry

That is good news indeed. Although there are those who will scoff and disparage anything remotely related to hatcheries, this is just one of many great examples of how to make and use hatcheries as a great tool.
    http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=24405&dateline=129884  8088
    Great Fishing
    Der Alt Jaeger
    Chuck S

"I've traveled many roads and some weren't paved."
    Will Rodgers

http://fishing-folks.blogspot.com/

Wow I couldn't be more pleased I never got to fish for them in the Russian river, but I remember the stories my dad and his friends used to tell when he was still alive of fishing in the Russian River. This brought a little tear of joy to my eyes.
    -Tom Wilson
    Attention New Fly Fishers and those just wanting to improve- Join a Fly Fishing Club. They have classes on every aspect of fly fishing for beginners to advanced for free or cheaper than offered elsewhere. Some offer mentor programs. You will make friends with other fly fishers. Clubs often have outings in which members pay special group rates for guides or to fish prime private access areas.

That is an exciting report.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck s View Post
    That is good news indeed. Although there are those who will scoff and disparage anything remotely related to hatcheries, this is just one of many great examples of how to make and use hatcheries as a great tool.
    Few know that without hatcheries, the Alaskan fishery would not be what it is today.