Ascension Bay - a saltwater fly fishing paradise!

Editor

Fish&Fly
Staff member
Reaction score
If you are reading this comment in the forums then make sure you scroll down to the end of the article linked to above as there are a couple of slideshows of Editor Paul Sharman's most recent and previous trip.

Frank Whiton

Most Senior Member
Reaction score
Hi Paul,

Thanks for sharing your story. I know you had a great time. It has to be special sharing it with your dad. Some nice fish.

Frank

Editor

Fish&Fly
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Frank. Yes my pops taught me to fish, put up with me and my two brothers constantly fighting, getting some amazing birdsnests and occasionally losing an oar over the side (oops!) or falling in whilst let loose in Scotland.
I reckon its time to repay so we did the Alaska trip when I was still living in San Diego and he was over, and now we have got his feet wet in the saltwater too. I think he would like to try again but needs a boat with a casting rest up front that he can use for support.
It was a good trip and I look forward to returning there again next year hopefully. Maybe we'll see if we can get a forum trip going!??
Paul

Pocono

Reaction score
Thanks for the report, Paul.

We enjoyed fishing with the guides from Pesca Maya 2 years ago. As you said, it's a very friendly lodge with great food and after-fishing activities that can go on way into the wee hours of the next day; particularly if you enjoy fly tying!

My wife, Marty, still wears her orange Pesca Maya baseball cap on a regular basis. They were out of the regular caps when we were here, so she picked up one of the "extras" that the guides wear. Hers says "Jorge" on it; so she now has a fishing nickname that's kind of fun, in that it reminds us of a great fishing trip! ;)

Pocono

Last edited: