Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Thumbs down I know what it says on the menu, but what's really on your plate?

Picked this article off the Spey Pages web board. Disturbing to say the least:

'Pacific' salmon may be farmed Atlantic fish: Salmon | Alaska news at adn.com
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border

Default Re: I know what it says on the menu, but what's really on your plate?

If I was out there paying for wild caught fish, which I wouldn't, it might disturb me to find out they are farmed Atlantic fish. But setting here I think I would rather they be serving farmed Atlantic fish rather than commercially deplete wild Pacific stocks.

White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Question Re: I know what it says on the menu, but what's really on your plate?

I take your point, but 'if' you're paying up for a specific 'product' that's what you should get. Or not?
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border

Quote Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
    I take your point, but 'if' you're paying up for a specific 'product' that's what you should get. Or not?
    Oh no, don't get me wrong here, I want things the way they are advertised. I think they are making a mistake in a number of ways here. #1 they are advertising wild caught salmon and most people these days are not to big a fans of commercially clobbering wild salmon stocks. #2 they are lying about what it is they have in what I have to say is a really stupid lie where the truth may work better for them.

Actually Fred, in regards to killing wild fish look at the reaction to Pete Harrison killing the big steelhead on the spey pages. You'd have thought he shot the last unicorn the way they reacted. Advertising you have wild fish is a mistake in my opinion.

Blog Entries

i have a lot of friends who make a living gill netting sockey salmon out of cook inlet and bristol bay. would i recommend buying wild caught reds, hell yea!
    now if your talking wild chinook.....please dont! there numbers have been on a steady decline for the last decade or so. as far as farmed salmon, if your buying "wild" salmon, a farm raised atlantic probably would not suffice.

casey

ARFE