Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Default Poisoned Lakes To Recieve Cutthroats

Looks to be a worthy project to me but would be interested in the opinion of others.

Possession limits lifted on lakes to be poisoned north of Seeley Lake

Dave
    I was going fly fishing until my wife suggested it, now I can't tell who is outsmarting who!

Being "one with nature" requires a knowledge of what animals are living nearby and a weapon of sufficient magnitude to give you at minimum an equal chance of survival. No one has an invisible aura that animals can detect and sense your good intentions.

Default Re: Poisoned Lakes To Recieve Cutthroats

They've been doing this for years in Utah. Get rid of the rainbows and brookies to bring back the native cutts. Idaho's been trying to rid the Snake of bows too. Myself, it's cool, but I love the fight and jumping ability of the rainbow and the fight of the Bear Lake Cutt leaves a lot to be desired.
    Hopefully Montana will keep it under control.
    Life is not like a bowl of cherries. It's more like a jar of ghost peppers. What you eat today might burn your ass tomorrow...

Blog Entries

Default Re: Poisoned Lakes To Recieve Cutthroats

New Mexico has been doing this since 2010 in the Comanche creek area of Valle Vidal. This will ensure the genetic integrity of the cut throat, they say. I think its a great project. I caught my first true cut last summer, beautiful fish! Go to U-tube and type in Rio Grande cutthroat stocking of Comanche creek to see some of the action.