No More Broken Fly Rods with Fly Rod Saver

milt spawn

Reaction score
Good idea, but maybe it should say "Less chance of" rather than "No more". Of the four rods I've broken, this device would have saved none. milt.

bruce m

Reaction score
Again I have to sign out to read content posted by the editor, i know I am not the only one. Strange bug but okay.

Guest1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada bor
My Canadian friend accidentally got one caught up in his feet this fall and broke it. This would have saved it. What a great idea. When we fish the river a lot of the time we have more than one rod apiece with usI usually lay mine across a couple of logs washed up on the beach. I don't like them on the rocks but have thought about how one accidental misstep could bend the rod to the failure point between the logs. I must have some.

Thanks for posting this.

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

Again I have to sign out to read content posted by the editor, i know I am not the only one. Strange bug but okay.
I have not had that problem. Odd one. Maybe it's a bug in your antivirus? Really odd problem. Leaves me scratching my head. Maybe we have a computor geek on here that can help.

L

Liphookedau

It's a well made item same concept to what been used for years made from Electrical Conduit,Aluminium,Stainless Steel Tubing etc, to hold Rods whilst Bait Fishing from banks.
Undoubtably it will do the job,save your rod however the only thing I have about using them when Flyfishing is it's something else to carry & leave behind.
Brian.

canonman

Reaction score
Good idea but can't save the fact that most of my rod breaks have been from my own stupidity

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------

But it may make you remember to pay attention more

fredaevans

Reaction score
White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone
This product was also 'touted' on the UK 'Mother Board' a short time back. General consensus was 'interesting idea, but did you see what they're charging for one of these things!??':teef:

Don't remember the number, but it was outrageous for something that might cost a buck to manufacture.:popcorn:

fae

aldnz

Reaction score
Hi all,
thank you for the comments on my product.
I was a little taken aback by the comment on the price of the item and would be grateful if anyone could comment further. It's always difficult setting a price, so I looked at fly fishing gear in general and asked a number of fishing friends/customers and $19 seemed 'fair'. I appreciate Fredaevans thinks it excessive, commenting might cost a buck to manufacture. Just so you know, we are not a big company, just a family who love fly fishing. The mould cost many thousands of dollars and it will be a number of years before I get my money back. Having said that if the price is too high, please suggest a new price.
Many thanks to all.

Al

mikel

Reaction score
nope....not carrying something like that around. Already have too much stuff that I actually need to haul in my vest. Like others, I've busted a rod or 2, but this wouldn't have saved any of them.

Rip Tide

Reaction score
I truly think that a basic measure of fly fishing experience is when you can understand the difference between a "gadget" and a useful product.

rockriver

Reaction score
I've made something very similar in the past to hold my spinning rods while bait fishing. PVC cut with a Dremal to fit your rod size, a cap on one end, and glued to a plastic tent stake. Cost is less than $2.00 plus about 10 minutes of your time.

aldnz

Reaction score
As you might expect I feel this device will prove invaluable. However I appreciate it's not for everyone, but I'm a bit anal about keeping my gear clean and free of scratches. As for price at $19 each, it's comparable to a lot of other gear out there. But of course the market dictates the price. If anyone wants to test the device, I can send one out to the first 3 forum members in exchange for an honest review, is that fair?

Happy New Year to all.
Al