Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Default Chuck Furimsky waded into his hobby for a career

Source: DailyAmerican.com by Philip Petrunak

Few people are fortunate enough to transform a passionate hobby into a thriving career, but fly fishing enthusiast Chuck Furimsky, 69, of Rockwood felt the pull of fate's current and waded right on in.

Furimsky is the CEO and director of The Fly Fishing Show, an internationally renowned traveling exhibition of all things fly fishing. The sport, which began as Furimsky's childhood leisure, grew into he and his family's life's work.

"People always say, try to do something you really enjoy for a living," he said. "I'm lucky. I feel like I'm one of the few guys who really enjoys what I do."

Furimsky was born in McKeesport and spent his weekends fishing on the lakes and in the rivers and streams of the Laurel Mountains.

"That to me was like going to Montana or something," Furimsky said. "And now I'm fortunate enough to live and work here."

Continue reading this article...
    Paul Sharman
    Editor-in-Chief
    Fish and Fly Ltd

Default Re: Chuck Furimsky waded into his hobby for a career

Good article, thanks for sharing.

Dave
    I was going fly fishing until my wife suggested it, now I can't tell who is outsmarting who!

Being "one with nature" requires a knowledge of what animals are living nearby and a weapon of sufficient magnitude to give you at minimum an equal chance of survival. No one has an invisible aura that animals can detect and sense your good intentions.