Free Photoshop

stuie675

Reaction score
I am not sure where to post this, but I wanted to share it for any of you that do not need the latest and greatest, Adobe is giving CS2 away for free, and figured some of you may like it.

Link
Adobe - CS2 Downloads

If this is the wrong section please feel free to move it.

Thanks
Stu

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Stu: I was curious about this so I clicked on the link, then scrolled down to the windows version of Photoshop CS2 and downloaded the program, but at the end of the installation it asks for a serial number and won't complete without that.

Larry

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Very interesting, I guess I've got some downloading to do and start playing around with both of those programs. Thanks for the tips!

Larry

itchmesir

Reaction score
Nice to see PS finally getting into the freeware market... \

Paint.NET is another nice freeware photo editing program that I have used in the past..

shotgunfly

Reaction score
Interesting. I just got CS6 as an upgrade to CS5. I had no idea Adobe did the free route. It makes sense. Get people interested.

I wonder if rod makers will start giving away free older rods?

That'd be nice.

stuie675

Reaction score
Gimp is free and is as good as the newest photoshop

must understand, layers, masks, ect...

if not just check out picasa from google
Yeah I agree, I am a Linux guy and Gimp is what I use, but a coworker showed me this and I know a lot of guys on here take pictures so figured I'd share.

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

Interesting. I just got CS6 as an upgrade to CS5. I had no idea Adobe did the free route. It makes sense. Get people interested.

I wonder if rod makers will start giving away free older rods?

That'd be nice.
That would be nice and I'd have a lot more money haha

silver creek

Reaction score
I was excited until I notice the programs it won't run on my Imac. Macs for about the last 8 years have used the Intel and not the IBM or Motorola Power PC processors. The switch over was in 2006.

Under requirements:

"Mac OS X v.10.2.8–v.10.3.8. PowerPC® G4 or G5 processor"