Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border

Default Re: The Great Lakes 'running out of water?' Interesting read.

They hollered the same thing a few years back. Then the next thing you knew it was high. It seems in todays world we are not allowed to have anything variable without panic or scorn.

2. Likes thorsten, imxer liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post
    I grew up in St. Joe! Used to fish for smallies next to the LaFarge plant, my buddies dad ran it. My folks are still in the area and kind of freaked out about the lack of winter.
    I know most those guys there, my cousin works there. Small World, eh!

Was in the paper they were gonna close the plant, been meaning to ask my cousin about it to see if it was true.

I used to go by KWB on here, but I can't access the site with my username/password anymore, I know I wasn't banned as my old profile doesn't show I was "plus I didn't do anything wrong to my knowledge", but for some reason, keeps saying I have the wrong password and I know I don't... Odd
    "They say you forget your troubles on a trout stream, but that's not quite it. What happens is that you begin to see where your troubles fit into the grand scheme of things, and suddenly they're just not such a big deal anymore." ~ John Gierach

KWB send Ard or Larry a pm telling them what's happened, I'm sure they can get you squared away if you would rather go by 'KWB' than 'Surface Film'.

5. Likes surface film liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by fyshstykr View Post
    KWB send Ard or Larry a pm telling them what's happened, I'm sure they can get you squared away if you would rather go by 'KWB' than 'Surface Film'.
    Will do!

Definitely would rather have my original one back, wouldn't want Diver Dan being nice to me ya know!

Just kidding Dan!!!

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
    They hollered the same thing a few years back. Then the next thing you knew it was high. It seems in todays world we are not allowed to have anything variable without panic or scorn.
    Slow news days, gotta rile someone up to keep interest high ya know!!!
    "They say you forget your troubles on a trout stream, but that's not quite it. What happens is that you begin to see where your troubles fit into the grand scheme of things, and suddenly they're just not such a big deal anymore." ~ John Gierach

Quote Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
    It seems in todays world we are not allowed to have anything variable without panic or scorn.
    Good point but if I worked the docks, tugs barges or tankers or in a plant that needed coal for fuel, or the plant relied on shipping goods via the Lakes I might be a bit panicky thinking about when the next round of layoffs come.
    Oh I live to be the ruler of life not a slave

Quote Originally Posted by fyshstykr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by surface film View Post
    Will do!

Definitely would rather have my original one back, wouldn't want Diver Dan being nice to me ya know!

Just kidding Dan!!!

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

Slow news days, gotta rile someone up to keep interest high ya know!!!
    Problem solved...

Last night, when trying to log into something else, exact same thing happened and both forums I had same password on.

What happened is, one of the keys on my home computer was not working, so when I typed my password, it was missing that letter each time...

Was able to log in just fine here at work today!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12