Unguided Fly Fishing Journey

jamarcusray

Reaction score
Hi all, I am not a big contributor here on the site, but I often cruise through the different threads reading. I am here to tell this wonderful trip that two friends and I are making. After working in a fly shop in Cooper Landing, AK all summer, we are now headed south on a road trip to the Florida keys. During this trip we will be filming a documentary which we have called 'Unguided'. If you would like to follow along, join us to fish for a day, or see where we are headed next, you can follow us on our facebook page; just send a PM and I'll send the link to you.
The whole point of this trip is to reach out to the fly-fishing community and see who we meet along the way. I figured this would be a good place to meet a few nice people who would want to fish.

Edit: This will be a reelresources.com production

Thanks

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:

fq13

Reaction score
If you swing by Everglades City (a little east of Naples at the north end of Everglades National Park in the Ten Thousand Islands), drop me a PM. The fly fishing in the canals between Naples and Miami is hard to beat for small stuff and the Ten Thousand Islands is (or can be) very good for all sorts of inshore salt water stuff. You buy the gas and beer and I'll take you out for a day.

jamarcusray

Reaction score
If you swing by Everglades City (a little east of Naples at the north end of Everglades National Park in the Ten Thousand Islands), drop me a PM. The fly fishing in the canals between Naples and Miami is hard to beat for small stuff and the Ten Thousand Islands is (or can be) very good for all sorts of inshore salt water stuff. You buy the gas and beer and I'll take you out for a day.
Sounds great! We will be in touch. We should be in that area in the beginning of December.

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you still down at the Kenai? if so how is the water level, I have been waiting for it to drop and would come float from the lake to Jim's when it drops.

Ard

jamarcusray

Reaction score
Are you still down at the Kenai? if so how is the water level, I have been waiting for it to drop and would come float from the lake to Jim's when it drops.

Ard
I am. I live behind the Kenai Cache for now, but we head out tomorrow. The river has dropped a ton. The sanctuary area from sportsman's to Jim's is fishing decent, but the middle is even better. The upper is fishing pretty slow.

gr8outdoorz

Reaction score
If you make it through the Ozark's in Arkansas shoot me a PM. I live in TN but am on the Little Red River (known for huge browns) all the time. Let me know when you come and I will meet you there to fish. I was in Cooper Landing last week of July/first week of Aug on the Kenai & Russian. Great fishing up there!!
Good Luck!

jamarcusray

Reaction score
If you make it through the Ozark's in Arkansas shoot me a PM. I live in TN but am on the Little Red River (known for huge browns) all the time. Let me know when you come and I will meet you there to fish. I was in Cooper Landing last week of July/first week of Aug on the Kenai & Russian. Great fishing up there!!
Good Luck!
We will be down there fishing with Tailwater guide service. The owner/head guide is a buddy of ours