Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Unguided Fly Fishing Journey

  1. Default Unguided Fly Fishing Journey

    Hi all, I am not a big contributor here on the site, but I often cruise through the different threads reading. I am here to tell this wonderful trip that two friends and I are making. After working in a fly shop in Cooper Landing, AK all summer, we are now headed south on a road trip to the Florida keys. During this trip we will be filming a documentary which we have called 'Unguided'. If you would like to follow along, join us to fish for a day, or see where we are headed next, you can follow us on our facebook page; just send a PM and I'll send the link to you.
    The whole point of this trip is to reach out to the fly-fishing community and see who we meet along the way. I figured this would be a good place to meet a few nice people who would want to fish.


    Edit: This will be a reelresources.com production

    Thanks

    Mark
    Last edited by Ard; 09-29-2013 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Removed redirect link, sorry but those are the rules, Ard

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    1,835

    Default Re: Unguided Fly Fishing Journey

    If you swing by Everglades City (a little east of Naples at the north end of Everglades National Park in the Ten Thousand Islands), drop me a PM. The fly fishing in the canals between Naples and Miami is hard to beat for small stuff and the Ten Thousand Islands is (or can be) very good for all sorts of inshore salt water stuff. You buy the gas and beer and I'll take you out for a day.

  3. Default Re: Unguided Fly Fishing Journey

    Quote Originally Posted by fq13 View Post
    If you swing by Everglades City (a little east of Naples at the north end of Everglades National Park in the Ten Thousand Islands), drop me a PM. The fly fishing in the canals between Naples and Miami is hard to beat for small stuff and the Ten Thousand Islands is (or can be) very good for all sorts of inshore salt water stuff. You buy the gas and beer and I'll take you out for a day.
    Sounds great! We will be in touch. We should be in that area in the beginning of December.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wasilla / Skwentna, Alaska
    Posts
    15,263
    Blog Entries
    111

    Default Re: Unguided Fly Fishing Journey

    Are you still down at the Kenai? if so how is the water level, I have been waiting for it to drop and would come float from the lake to Jim's when it drops.

    Ard

    Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

    Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

  5. Default Re: Unguided Fly Fishing Journey

    Quote Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
    Are you still down at the Kenai? if so how is the water level, I have been waiting for it to drop and would come float from the lake to Jim's when it drops.

    Ard
    I am. I live behind the Kenai Cache for now, but we head out tomorrow. The river has dropped a ton. The sanctuary area from sportsman's to Jim's is fishing decent, but the middle is even better. The upper is fishing pretty slow.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Unguided Fly Fishing Journey

    Love the idea! Hit me up when you're coming to Colorado!

    Randy
    “Fishing for me, as funny as it sounds, is sorta my brand of praying almost. I’m never closer to my spirituality than when I’m in the act of fishing.” - JT Van Zandt

  7. Default Re: Unguided Fly Fishing Journey

    Quote Originally Posted by trout champ View Post
    Love the idea! Hit me up when you're coming to Colorado!

    Randy
    Will do! Should be around the end of October.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Unguided Fly Fishing Journey

    If you make it through the Ozark's in Arkansas shoot me a PM. I live in TN but am on the Little Red River (known for huge browns) all the time. Let me know when you come and I will meet you there to fish. I was in Cooper Landing last week of July/first week of Aug on the Kenai & Russian. Great fishing up there!!
    Good Luck!

  9. Default Re: Unguided Fly Fishing Journey

    Quote Originally Posted by gr8outdoorz View Post
    If you make it through the Ozark's in Arkansas shoot me a PM. I live in TN but am on the Little Red River (known for huge browns) all the time. Let me know when you come and I will meet you there to fish. I was in Cooper Landing last week of July/first week of Aug on the Kenai & Russian. Great fishing up there!!
    Good Luck!
    We will be down there fishing with Tailwater guide service. The owner/head guide is a buddy of ours

Similar Threads

  1. My Winter Steelheading Journey
    By bigkais89 in forum Northeast
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-08-2013, 02:37 PM
  2. Good tools to use on my journey
    By mark_fisher in forum Rocky Mountain Range
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-03-2012, 04:50 PM
  3. An Epic Journey to the Heart of Paradise
    By yatahey in forum Rocky Mountain Range
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-17-2011, 07:24 PM
  4. Fantastic video! Tapam A Flyfishing Journey
    By cb in forum Saltwater Fly Fishing
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-05-2010, 07:11 PM
  5. The Journey
    By LenHarris in forum The Lodge Den
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-19-2009, 04:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •