Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  14
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Bristol Bay

2. Likes Ard, milt spawn, fyshstykr, fredaevans liked this post

Default Re: Bristol Bay

Bristol Bay area is another Beaut part of Alaska & from Reading The Report Thankfully The Pebble Creek Mine is Buried however Don't be surprised if it bobs its head up at a date down the Track,we all hope not as it would be a Huge disaster.
    Brian

4. Likes Ard, fyshstykr, fredaevans liked this post

A problem that is local. http://www.pewstates.org/projects/st...rn-85899390922
    The impact of a mishap here is very real.

6. Likes Ard, fyshstykr liked this post

I think they also believed that nothing bad can happen: Spill of contaminated material at Ranger uranium mine; locals fear for Kakadu National Park - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

---------- Post added at 12:26 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 10:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rockriver View Post
    A problem that is local. Stateline - Environmental Groups Worry About Sulfide Mining in Great Lakes
    The impact of a mishap here is very real.
    "Environmental groups have praised Wisconsin’s permitting model, particularly its “prove it” provision, which requires companies seeking a permit to identify a similar mine in the United States that’s operated for 10 years without polluting, and one that’s been closed for 10 years without testing positive for additional pollution."

this sounds crazy! they think they have extracted and forget and then not our problem. for ore processing much pollution is released. as an example of combustion of coal affects the eastern streams! (in my head a lot of words and thoughts can`t explain clearly in English, on the subject... I just like nature, that's what my dad instilled in me and showed... )
    "Leave it as it is. You cannot improve on it. The ages have at work on it, and man can only mar it." Theodore Roosevelt
    "Live with your eyes open, you might notice something and you will have the opportunity to share it with the world." Argail

8. Likes Ard, fyshstykr, rockriver, fredaevans liked this post

This mine isn't even operational yet, and now this: H2O revision - MiningJournal.net | News, Sports, Jobs, Marquette Information | The Mining Journal I hate to even think of the water quality once they start.

10. Likes argail liked this post

"Leave it as it is. You cannot improve on it. The ages have at work on it, and man can only mar it." Theodore Roosevelt
    "Live with your eyes open, you might notice something and you will have the opportunity to share it with the world." Argail