Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default Re: Sportfishing Industry Asks EPA to Dismiss Petition to Ban Lead in Tackle

Quote Originally Posted by mojo View Post
    The salmon and steelhead were there long before the farmers.

I'm not sure where you're going with the big $$$$ corporations getting water and selling it back to taxpayers. That went way over my head.

I've seen the same subject on other boards and there is quite a lot of questions and only a few mention the $$$$ cost to the fisher, the retailer and the manufacturer. I doubt if there are many companies today that really rely on just selling lead jigs, split shot etc. You have to diversify to suceed in todays world.
    There is a lot of questions regarding where IS the scientific data.
    So here it is again.
    WHERE IS THE SCIENTIFIC DATA AS TO THE DAMAGE THAT LEAD DOES TO WILDLIFE (and I don't mean peta's fabricated stories)
    As for your first question, google "westlands water resell water". Here is a article if you dont feel like googling
    http://www.ewg.org/files/agmag/Virtual-Flood.pdf
    Westlands water rustlers' latest job | Badlands Journal
    Bottom line, water is sold with taxpayer money to farmers. The majority of this goes to huge corporations who do not farm, but use the water rights to resell it back to the taxpayer at huge margins. The taxpayer pays for the huge corporation to buy the water at a subsidized price, then the taxpayer again buys the water back at many times what the corporation paid for it.

Alot of these big corporations are in the california central value, that gets its water from the san francisco bay.
    Another article on Darth Westlands Water Rates | Environmental Working Group
    Westlands want to raise the dam on lake siskiyou taking out miles of fly fishing on the fabled mccloud river and upper sac
    Westlands Wants to Raise Shasta Dam And Grab $40 Billion in Subsidized Water | The Trout Underground Fly Fishing Blog
    :

Default Re: Sportfishing Industry Asks EPA to Dismiss Petition to Ban Lead in Tackle

Lead poisoning in wildfowl was held up as the main reason for the UK to switch a few years ago.
    Here is one of the reports at the time;- click here
    Paul Sharman
    Editor-in-Chief
    Fish and Fly Ltd

Default Re: Sportfishing Industry Asks EPA to Dismiss Petition to Ban Lead in Tackle

The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements. --- Horace Kephart

okuma Guest

For many years, I worked in the steel industry. Believe me, steel is not a safe alternative. No real proof of lead dangers, no ban

Here's the latest update from the ASA regarding a bill lodged to oppose the overarching proposed ban on all lead in fishing tackle.

Please click here to view the full ASA newsletter.
    Paul Sharman
    Editor-in-Chief
    Fish and Fly Ltd

okuma Guest

Very informative. Thank you sir!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12