Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Default Bass Pro Shops and Cabela's join forces

This may be old, but it arrived in my inbox just now..
    Bass Pro Shops and Cabela's join forces with a vision to become North America's premier outdoor and conservation company
    Cabela's Online Store - Quality Hunting, Fishing, Camping and Outdoor Gear

SPRINGFIELD, Mo. — Bass Pro Shops and Cabela's, two iconic brands and leaders in the outdoor industry, have officially joined forces with a vision to become North America's premier outdoor and conservation company. The combined company is poised to provide customers with unmatched offerings spanning premier destination retail, outdoor equipment manufacturing, world-class resort destinations and more with a strong commitment to advancing conservation initiatives.
    SaveBristolBay.org
    Outdoor Alliance
    Just because you can doesn't mean you should!

2. Likes GrtLksMarlin liked this post

Default Re: Bass Pro Shops and Cabela's join forces

Mr Morris is a cool dude, if anyone can make it work, he will. Have stayed at the Big Cedar Lodge many times and one early morning I was visiting with one of the gardners. Asked if Mr Morris was there often and said he was, sometimes there at daylight just walking and inspecting the grounds, he had a lot of respect for him. That says a lot about the man.

Dave
    I was going fly fishing until my wife suggested it, now I can't tell who is outsmarting who!

Being "one with nature" requires a knowledge of what animals are living nearby and a weapon of sufficient magnitude to give you at minimum an equal chance of survival. No one has an invisible aura that animals can detect and sense your good intentions.

4. Likes mcnerney, GrtLksMarlin liked this post

This was going around last year and the word was that it fell through .

Gift cards for Cabelas are now valid at BP and vice versa. The integration of club points is in process as I was told. You can also return items from either store to either store.
    Spey Nation
    T.U.
    N.R.A

7. Likes dmwphoto, ejsell liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by jangles View Post
    This was going around last year and the word was that it fell through .
    That was a temporary glitch. It's going through.
    Mainline the blueline

9. Likes jangles, ejsell liked this post

https://www.theflyfishingforum.com/f...19-post11.html
    By the by, I just got back from Cabela's and apparently they are phasing out most of their fly rod lines. I understand they are only going to carry the Prime and CGR series from all their original fly rod lines moving forward with the merger with Basspro. Basspro will also be making fly rods for them moving forward just don't know the name or type. So, Cabela's will have other lines out but the only one staying prior to the merger are the fiberglass series.

So, if anyone is near a Cabela's they are going to continue to mark down/clearance price their own fly rods till gone.

Now, I don't know how accurate this information is, a sales clerk in the fly department was just telling me this as we were making small talk. This, I think, only applies to their Cabela's branded fly rods. They will continue to carry name brand fly rods but not as many of their own labels.

If they continue to bring the prices down I plan to stock up some more. Luck all.

11. Likes ejsell liked this post