Photobucket

plecain

Reaction score
Photobucket has a new paid-for option. It's called Premium and costs $100/year.

With it you can post picture links to third-party sites like this one as long as the site is 'non-commercial'.

Photobucket shot themselves in the foot with me with their $400/year product last year, but some may find the new $100/year offering to be worth it.

smoke33

Reaction score
If you use a phone you can get the Tapatalk app and it is free. You can upload photos from your phone easily to here or any other forum. If you need third party storage and are an Amazon Prime member you get free storage with them. Shutterfly also offers free third party storage.
Hope this helps someone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Photobucket shot themselves in the foot with me with their $400/year product last year, but some may find the new $100/year offering to be worth it.
Interesting, but like many here I have moved on, and I for one am not interested in going back.

Unknownflyman

Reaction score
There are so many free pic hosting places, I get a terabyte for free and I can do anything with my pics. No way am I going back. It’s amazing how many fourms they have gutted. Irreplaceable information. I hope they go broke.

ia_trouter

Reaction score
I have been using Imgur on another hobbyist forum. It works very well. so far. It's free and none of the ad garbage we all dealt with for years with Photobucket. It's growing fast so hopefully the performance stays great.

Guess what I am saying is Photobucket can go pound sand. I wouldn't use them if they paid me an annual fee.

Last edited:

JoJer

Reaction score
Ditto ia_trouter above. Imgur is free, not junky and the tools are easy to use even for old guys like me.

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Not so sure I'll bite on this one, something like 45.00 would seem like a bargain both ways. I have fared better than most because I have had a paid subscription with Photo Bucket for years, it was a fee I paid to have ad free access to the website ie. no pop ups. Because of that when the change came my pictures here and on other forums didn't disappear like so many of ours have here.

!00............. I'll think about it. Ever since the 400 dollar demand was made I've been loading my own website with hundreds of images, that's what I'm using for my posting now.

Working good too :)

ia_trouter

Reaction score
Not so sure I'll bite on this one, something like 45.00 would seem like a bargain both ways. I have fared better than most because I have had a paid subscription with Photo Bucket for years, it was a fee I paid to have ad free access to the website ie. no pop ups. Because of that when the change came my pictures here and on other forums didn't disappear like so many of ours have here.

!00............. I'll think about it. Ever since the 400 dollar demand was made I've been loading my own website with hundreds of images, that's what I'm using for my posting now.

Working good too :)
Many ways to skin this cat. As we discussed a time or two I really would have paid a modest fee to PB. But $400 was a flagrant attempt to gouge us. Other than a business who is going to pay that annually? I can seriously feed my family for a few months for $400. And even for a business it makes paying for a website look attractive. PB has to know they messed up, and it's too late. Way too late. As Steve basically said they destroyed sooo many forum threads. Years of quality archives we spent a lot of time creating. I was angry initially, and was just going to stop posting photos. But I found IMGUR.com so I will get over it and start practice posting PICs today, like a good forum should contain. Imgur is getting very popular and will probably have some growing pains, but hopefully this doesn't end bad again.

Unknownflyman

Reaction score
Yes the loss of all the pics here is upsetting, but other fourms like dealing with rare vintage amplifiers and guitars, schematics, old duffers from Britain posting very rare Marshall amp gut shots, all gone, unfortunately some of those guys have passed on as well. Hunting, fishing,firearms, trade schematics, audio recording. Especially vintage rare stuff. Such a loss. Ok I’m done.

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
You guys are right, what they did was unforgivable. They need to suffer financially for their decision to ask for such an unreasonable fee to use the services. Had they went for 35 bucks a year and offered ad free fast service they may have made a small fortune. Instead they said $399.99 for a year! I only pay 125 a year for my website and it can host all the pictures I want to load, why would I or anyone else pay 400 for their services?

The website (forum) I use for all my Northern European fly patterns was hit hard by the blocked images and I'm still pissed over that.....................

ia_trouter

Reaction score
I have no idea how many different hobbies there are in this world but most of them have at least a few internet forums and they wrecked many of them.. They went from most frequently recommended to most hated with one bad decision. Now imagine you paid $400 three months ago and now the bid is down to $100. They are going to be irrelevant soon if they aren't already.

planettrout

Reaction score
I removed every single photo I had on Photobucket. I am now using Imgur. Actions have consequences. Many forums whose users depended on Photobucket have been decimated with excellent content replaced with this:

Photobucket deserves ALL the bad karma the universe can dish out...

PT/TB

darkshadow

Reaction score
Buy a website, upload pics to it, voila.

If you're familiar with cgi-bin and web applications, you throw up a photo album app, and boom, your very own photobucket.