Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  85
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: LL Bean Return Policy Change

It seems that LL Bean has made another change that I didn't see before.
    Shipping was always free there as I remember.
    According to an email I got this AM, free shipping applies only for purchases over $50. Free shipping still applies to purchases made on the Bean credit card.

Edit:

I guess it's more complicated. This is the blurb at the bottom of the page that comes up when I click the email link.

L.L.Bean- The Outside Is Inside Everything We Make. Free Shipping with $50 purchase.Founded in 1912 by Leon Leonwood Bean, L.L.Bean offers thousands of high-quality products at reasonable prices with Free Shipping with $50 purchase. All made to last and backed by our legendary customer service. Discover the comfort and classic styles of our Men's clothing, Women's clothing and Kids' clothing along with L.L.Bean Boots, shoes and slippers. Explore the outdoors with our lab- and field-tested outdoor gear for hunting, camping and fly fishing, including everything from tents, backpacks and sleeping bags to kayaks and canoes. No matter what we sell, from flattering swimwear and rain jackets to our finely crafted furniture, soft, colorful bedding and innovative luggage, you can count on L.L.Bean for quality and value every day. Shop with the L.L.Bean Visa Card for free returns and more. Watch product videos and learn about outdoor adventures available in Freeport, Maine, and at our other stores and outlets. At L.L.Bean, our apparel and gear are shipped for free.
    Look at the last sentence.

At L.L.Bean, our apparel and gear are shipped for free.
    Now look at the second and third sentences.

Free Shipping with $50 purchase.Founded in 1912 by Leon Leonwood Bean, L.L.Bean offers thousands of high-quality products at reasonable prices with Free Shipping with $50 purchase.
    I'm confused.
    Today is always the first day of the rest of your life.
    Use it wisely.

Paul

2. Likes ejsell liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by plecain View Post
    It seems that LL Bean has made another change that I didn't see before.
    Shipping was always free there as I remember.
    According to an email I got this AM, free shipping applies only for purchases over $50. Free shipping still applies to purchases made on the Bean credit card.

Edit:

I guess it's more complicated. This is the blurb at the bottom of the page that comes up when I click the email link.

Look at the last sentence.

Now look at the second and third sentences.

I'm confused.
    It's a return to their old shipping policy. Free shipping for everyone was implemented several years ago. There was and still is free shipping for their card members. I'm pretty sure the $50 min. purchase for non-card holders is the same as the old policy.

I couldn't find the info on their website about free shipping on "their" apparel and gear. I wonder if they are still shipping their own branded stuff for free or if it was a mistake?

They are doing free shipping to store if you have one near you. I know Orvis will do free shipping to your home if you order in their store. I wonder if Bean will do the same?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I hope that the chest waders that I bought last May, don't let me down.The reason I bought them from LL Bean was because of their great customer service and return policy.

5. Likes ejsell, mtnjefro liked this post
  6. Default Re: LL Bean Return Policy Change

I went to the LL Bean store in Albany NY with a pair of their chino pants earlier this week. I bought the pants about 3 years ago. The waist band separated from the pants just above the fly. They wont take them back without a receipt! I don't have the receipt. Gee whiz I have been an LL Bean card holder for 40 plus years. Adios Philip

Returning a pair of pants that are 3 years old is an example of why they instituted the policy change. I'm more surprised that you feel you didn't get your money's worth after 3 years, and felt the vendor should replace them. Maybe, you didn't wear them much but, it took them 3 years to fail. That seems pretty good for a pair of pants.

You didn't mention whether they would have taken them back with a receipt or not... Would they have? Did they offer to repair them?

Seems like LL Bean provided you with a quality product for the money, and (I assume) they would have replaced them if you had produced a receipt. Not sure what you have to complain about, to be honest. In fact, the exploitation of their generous policy (such as your example) is why they felt they needed to change it.

8. Likes trs, N/A liked this post

What Philip43 described is a production "defect" nothing to do with wear and tear. They should have seen that and replaced it with a smile.

It is reasonable to assume a production defect will appear within the first year.

Quote Originally Posted by iv_wjb View Post
    It is reasonable to assume a production defect will appear within the first year.
    A defect is a defect, there is no time frame.
    What if car manufacturers refused to fix your faulty steering because you enjoyed the car for 3 years already.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphs007 View Post
    I hope that the chest waders that I bought last May, don't let me down.The reason I bought them from LL Bean was because of their great customer service and return policy.
    Yeah, I have 2 pair. The return policy was the deciding factor for me too.

No problem with them so far.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234