Celebrating the Father of Modern Fly Fishing

Editor

Fish&Fly
Staff member
Reaction score
Source: Tom Pero - Wild River Press

If you were paying attention to my newsletter during 2017, you know that I did a bit of “moonlighting” in honor of the late Joe Brooks (1901–1972), angler extraordinaire and inspiration to so many who took up fly fishing at a tender age.

I was pleased and privileged to help Joe and Michael Brooks, Brooks’s great-nephews—and avid anglers themselves—research the life of their famous great-uncle Joe for a new documentary about the exceptional and generous sportsman from Maryland. It airs for the first time, appropriately, this Father’s Day weekend.

I have not yet seen “Finding Joe Brooks,” so I’ll be watching it for the first time with you. I’m sure it will be enjoyable and well worth your time.

88698791-4a9f-48c9-b827-91c7b9b7ca2d.jpg 92366a93-a17e-4690-a095-2adeb20571b9.jpg

World Fishing Network
Friday, June 15: 10 p.m. (EST)
Saturday, June 16: 4 p.m. (EST)
Sunday, June 17: 10 a.m. (EST)

Outdoor Channel
Saturday, June 16: 7:30 p.m. (EST)

Sportsman Channel
Friday, June 15: 8 p.m. (EST)

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Paul
Thanks, I have it set to record! I didn't realize I had the Outdoor Channel....now I know! LOL!

Editor

Fish&Fly
Staff member
Reaction score
Hope you all enjoyed it - Larry you made me laugh - how could you not know you had the channel hahaha.

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Hope you all enjoyed it - Larry you made me laugh - how could you not know you had the channel hahaha.
Paul: We don't watch that much TV, we watch the news and my wife is a avid Chicago Cubs fan so we watch those games. Other then that I like to watch the re-runs of the UFC fights (when the wife isn't home, she thinks it is brutal). Like Fred, we have 250 channels and only watch 2-3 on a regular basis. I mainly turn the TV on for white noise as I tie flies in the evenings.

spm

Reaction score
Just watched it. Really good film. Amazing guy. Glad I was able to "Meet" him, today.

Thanks, Paul.
steve