Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  31
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Default Re: Introducing BANANA RODS

Ya, I can't get over the whole "bananas are bad luck for fishing" superstition. I don't personally buy into it. But I know that there are a LOT of people that do. Confirmation bias is a powerful thing. So I never take a banana on a boat when I go out with someone else. I also don't take bananas on my boat when I invite someone else. Just not worth the potential trouble IMO.

I am genuinely not superstitious about anything and I ate a banana yesterday. But I like the idea of cutting the label out of Fruit of the Loom products. And I look forward to eventually casting a Banana rod.

I have never heard about cutting a tag or banana superstition. ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what the Banana representative implied they were aware of the ‘superstition’... but I guess they didn’t deem it so worrying for their business.

Interestingly there are a number of business models and not all involve the pursuit of global dominance... perhaps they are just focussed on excellence?

Now this maybe heresy of a US forum... but the rest of the world dont tie themselves up in knots worrying about the US

perhaps they didn’t view US superstitious sector of rod buying as particularly core to them.... I doubt smaller US rod makers overly worry about the Euro market and I doubt the Euro rod makers lie in bed worrying about the US market...

At the end of the day i’m sure there is enough market in Europe to keep them busy and the ‘occasional’ US resident who isn’t so bat sh!t crazy as to worry about bananas

5. Likes jangles liked this post

Wait one moment, boisker! Our US President says the World revolves around the US...OK, maybe he made that up. I'm very much an Internationalist and do care about Europe and Britain too but the US is the Worlds largest market for fly fishing products. Can you find a Banana Rod in you bailiwick and test cast it for us?

Quote Originally Posted by sweetandsalt View Post
    Wait one moment, boisker! Our US President says the World revolves around the US...OK, maybe he made that up. I'm very much an Internationalist and do care about Europe and Britain too but the US is the Worlds largest market for fly fishing products. Can you find a Banana Rod in you bailiwick and test cast it for us?

I was only joking (maybe) I have no connection to Banana rods so have no idea on their plans for global domination.

Alas S&S I doubt there is much chance of me trying one soon, I haven’t any immediate plans to travel to France... I was there last summer and only an hour away from their base... pity... as I would have happily made the trip one afternoon to have a play with a new rod, but I knew nothing of them at the time

If you have a APPLE phone, why not a BANANA rod!!!

A marketing genius or a big shoot in the foot.

Time will tell, but I think it's more the second.

Jofer

Because and apple a day keeps the doctor away and a banana in a boat gets you skunked of sunk. And I have Samsung.

10. Default Re: Introducing BANANA RODS

WALOB
    WALOB

Repeated as once is no enough

Blog Entries

How bout 'Flying Pig Rods' or 'Moonshine Rods' there are probably more with strange names but those 2 come to mind as something most people don't recognize as fine tackle names...…….

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast