Fly fishing Jamaica South shore

Mac.gone.fishing

Reaction score
First time on the forum so here goes. I will be vacationing at Sandals south shore in March and I am wondering if anyone has experience in that area when it comes to fishing off of the beach for bone fish?

Jamaicadiver

Reaction score
Can't speak for South coast but I rented a Villa for many years just over Bengal Bridge past Rio Bueno, realized 1st year after watching fisherman bring in their nets on the beach and selling catch to my cook that nets were full of Bonefish that they were throwing back ( which is odd as they cook anything, once had a Capt. cook up Bonita we had caught that day, in Florida we'd had cut in strips for trolling bait, once got a 7'7" Sailfish on that) right behind the Villa was a massive Bonefish Flat. You could walk almost a quarter mile, before it went over waist deep, took a set up every year after.

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Mac,

Moved the post to Saltwater Fishing which is a separate sub forum. If you scroll to the top of page then click on the 'Salt Water' part of the page title it'll open up loads of posts to browse through. Probably some on Jamaica there I think.